Central heating pipe banging new baxi 228 | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating pipe banging new baxi 228 in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Just installed a baxi 228 2 weeks ago flushed the system out as there was a fair amount of sludge ,boiler was running fine but now the ch pipes below are banging occasionally but kept them up throughout the night ,the boiler doesn’t even have to get to temperature on the heating .ive tried the obvious is air in the system but I believe I’ve bled all the air out as well as let the boiler go though it’s cycle first to get rid of any air in the boiler ,the pump and fan seem fine no vibration from that any idea

I’m the installer hence asking
I'm having trouble figuring out from your description precisely what the symptoms are. Are we talking about the sort of banging that arises from thermal expansion/contraction of the pipes or is it some sort of mixture/ignition explosion inside the boiler? Have you heard it yourself?

If you want advice about anything on the gas side of boilers here you need to a forum moderator have your Gas Safe registration details.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I'm not sure, the boiler will fire up and stay...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
L
Replies
Views
Back