central heating piping problem | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss central heating piping problem in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingarther

i have a solid fuel woodwarm boiler which im removing and want to install a solid fuel rayburn. the problem is that there are 3 pipes coming from the woodwarm, from what i can make out 1 outlet and 2 return feeds and the 1 return has a pump on it which send heat around the raidiators. the problem i have is that the rayburn has only the 2 pipes inland outlet, can the two returns be plumbed into one or do i have to make major changes to the system.
please advise

the flows come off the top connection the returns off the bottom can't see no reason wy you cant t the two returns together close to the boiler alot of gas back boilers where done like that

I would recommend you get a professional to look at it.

A common means of driving heating from a conventional heat store type Rayburn is to use a thermostat on the hot water side which when a set temperature is reached to drive a pump and send the primary water round the radiators.

They have a pipe stat to overide the heating timeclock so if the cylinder starts boiling it turn the pump on to heat bleed the system went to one where the customer kept turning off the fused spur off to the randall time clock and he had even put copper overflow on the fe tank because the plasic one had melted very scary

it seems to me that on your woodwarm you have a injector tee fitted this allows gravity heating to work to your hw cylinder and when the temperture is reached the pump kicks in and sends the heat to the radiators therefore you would have the 3 pipes look-up injector tee for more info on google or something.

if the rayburn you have only as two pipes it is most likely to heat your hot water only with a flow and return gravity to a seperate heating coil in your hw cylinder.

the way in which i pipe them is two pipe flow and return gravity to the hw cylinder and then put a wee heat leak radiator after to take heat away once the cylinder is heated, and them connected your cold feed and vent as normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Back