central heating plan | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss central heating plan in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jbolland

Hi there,
I posted this thread initially in the intro section so probably not much viewed there. I'd really appreciate any comment from one or more of you pro guys.
I’ve a long term barn renovation project in Normandy and would like to ask for comment on my proposed central heating system.

The boiler will be a woodburning stove (Villager AHI) with a quoted 14kw boiler output. I’ll route this through a zone valve to a radiator system and also into the primary heating coil of an unvented twin coil 210L Gledhill hot water cylinder. I’m aware of the UK regulations for solid fuel systems and unvented cylinders, but understand through the forums that it will be possible in France provided the boiler system is open (ie fed from a header tank). I’ll also have a dedicated heat sink radiator and an auto valve set to open to drain under no power condition.

I intend to have underfloor heating for part of the barn – I’ve provisionally planned to install 3x12m2 “boxes” from Floorheater.co.uk, and will provide this heat from an 8.5kw air source heat pump. The balance of the heat pump output will be routed through the secondary coil in the hot water cylinder.

I’d like to know if I’m on the right track and also if I should be looking at thermal stores which I’ve tried to avoid on cost grounds. The floor area is 150m2, with only me and the missus normally in residence
Regards,
jbolland

I have done a similar installation but using a thermal store, which was open vented. I take it the woodburner will not be pumped?

I always belive if it can go wrong, it will go wrong. Hence why i wouldnt consider connecting a solid fuel appliance to an unvented cylinder because the consequences could be fatal. Only options after that is a twin coil open vented cylinder, or a open vented thermal store. The only real difference with the thermal store is the high recovery coil inside, but they are made to order which makes them pricey.

All of what you said is great in theory, but as iv found out its a bugger to make it all work correctly, especially on the controls side. Only other suggestion is a thing called a neutraliser, which i believe acts as basically an external heat exchanger so you can have several heat sources, not 100% sure if it would benefit you:
New Page 1

i sometimes wonder why manufactures even bother saying what you can or can not do with what they make,let alone guys who look at this stuff and decide what is and what is not safe ,these rules are made for a reason,it not ok to blow youself up let alone anyone else.what happens when you move on and sell house do you beleive you will not be liable for damage and injury that might be caused

Hi there,
I posted this thread initially in the intro section so probably not much viewed there. I'd really appreciate any comment from one or more of you pro guys.
I’ve a long term barn renovation project in Normandy and would like to ask for comment on my proposed central heating system.

The boiler will be a woodburning stove (Villager AHI) with a quoted 14kw boiler output. I’ll route this through a zone valve to a radiator system and also into the primary heating coil of an unvented twin coil 210L Gledhill hot water cylinder. I’m aware of the UK regulations for solid fuel systems and unvented cylinders, but understand through the forums that it will be possible in France provided the boiler system is open (ie fed from a header tank). I’ll also have a dedicated heat sink radiator and an auto valve set to open to drain under no power condition.

I intend to have underfloor heating for part of the barn – I’ve provisionally planned to install 3x12m2 “boxes” from Floorheater.co.uk, and will provide this heat from an 8.5kw air source heat pump. The balance of the heat pump output will be routed through the secondary coil in the hot water cylinder.

I’d like to know if I’m on the right track and also if I should be looking at thermal stores which I’ve tried to avoid on cost grounds. The floor area is 150m2, with only me and the missus normally in residence
Regards,
jbolland

Why bother with a Gledhill cylinder, do you know what the water pressure is in France??, normally 3 bar, don't try and adapt the UK style of plumbing to France, it don't work like that, pipe sizes are different, apart from iron and the threads, and they are all parallel
If you go the UK route it will mean a trip back to the UK if you have forgotten anything or want spares, etc
Either post on the forum or use the PM system if you want to know more, I live in France and finished my working time in France

This might help you its a few notes I did for a French forum

Plumbing a house
Hot & Cold Water
The Basics

For a layman I would advise them to use plastic piping, but not the c-pvc pipe (the joints need 24 hours to set, and it can be brittle, and be broken easily), rectulated-polyethylene, or cross linked polyethylene (known as PEX or Alphacan etc) for fitting the fittings to the tube a special tool is used, to draw up a brass ring over the plastic tube after a brass insert is fitted into the tube compressing the plastic pipe wall on to the ridges on the insert

If you feel competent in using an oxy acetylene torch, or a gas torch, for hard soldering the copper tube, I would advise using copper tube, in France all copper tube for water is hard soldered, very few compression joints are used by the French plumbers

Both forms of tubing have good and bad points

The plastic tube easy to work with, no scrap value (no theft from an unoccupied site) ideally needs a special cutter to cut the tube cleanly, needs a special crimping tool (costly), the tube needs a special former to stop the tube from 'throating' or collapsing when bent on a tight radius, joints can leak if made wthout care; pipe sizes: 12mm, 16mm, 20mm; in 5 mtr, 10 mtr, 25 tr, or 50mtr coils; with or without an outer sleeve (gaine in French)

The copper tube, can come in "dead" hard temper, of 1 mtr, 2 mtr, 3 mtr, or 4 mtr lengths, or in "dead" soft temper coils, of 5mtr, 10 mtr, 25 mtr, or 50 mtr coils; copper tube in France is 1mm wall thickness, anf comes in equal pipe dimensions and starts at 6mm id/8mm od, (so you would ask for 10/12 mm tube if you wanted a pipe with a 10mm internal bore), and rises in 2mm steps ie 6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22 mm, for normal house plumbing unless the copper tube is soft temper, it needs to be anneled to soften it prior to being bent, pricey to buy (and has a potential for theft from site) copper tube in coils can be also obtained with a 'light' plastic covered insulation, a hard solder (99% copper, 1% phosphorus) is used for the jointing the copper tubes, SOFT SOLDER is not used by French plumbers

=====================================================================

Plumbing a French house is a little different to the plumbing in the UK

First all the water supply is off the main supply (no water storage tanks in the roof space to get contaminated), which is normaly around 3 Bar pressure (1 Bar =1 Atmosphere approx 14.5 lbs a square inch) or about 45lbs sq inch, this pressure means that smaller pipe sizes can be used, both for the hot and cold supplies; if the mains pressure is greater than 3 Bar a pressure reduceing valve needs to be fitted just after the main stop valve where it comes into the building

The modern French way of plumbing a house is to use manifolds for the distribution of both hot and cold water inside the house, a set of manifolds per floor is normal, if the manifolds are fitted with quarter turn valves on the branches, a single appliance can be isolated, these manifolds an either be made on site (to suit the job in-hand) or purchased (3, 4, or 6 outlets, but can be joined together for more outlets) all tube copper or plastic where its buried in the floor or wall must be covered with a plastic gaine

The hot water cylinder is normally a mains water fed, electricaly heated, 200 litres is normal capacity, but 100 ltr 150 ltr and 300 ltr can be obtained, and is a glass lined steel cylinder with a 75mm insulating and a light steel cover jacket, indirect cylinders (with an internal coil heated by a boiler), some boilers come with an integral stainless steel cylinder

The incoming mains water, hot water cylinder, and quite often the boiler as well, are often fitted in the garage, this is where the ground floor manifolds would be fitted close to the incoming water and hot water cylinder and the tubes fitted in the 'first fix' stage are connected
First fix is where the tubes are laid under the concrete slab, or screed, using a manifold system normally allows the pipe work to be laid in one length without any joints in the concrete slab or screed which can be reassuring that there are no leaks are in the buried part of the building

Normal Pipe Sizes for different appliances etc, Note all sizes are internal diameter

Incoming water supply: Copper tube 22mm, Medium Density Polyethelyne (French, black with 4 light blue stripes) 19mm id x 25mm od : Note in old buildings lead pipe can still be found this should be replaced, iron pipe can also be found this needs to be replaced, PVC pipe can also be found, do not touch it can be brittle and snap on you

Hot water cylinder 22 mm copper for at least the first metre, if changeing to plastic
Bath 16 mm or 18 mm
Shower 14 mm or 16 mm
Wash hand basin 12 mm
Bidets 12 mm or 14mm
Kitchen sink 14 mm
Tap for a washing machine or dish washer 12 mm
W/C 10mm
Out side tap 14 mm

Brossett (part of the Wolsey group) do metal expansion tanks semi closed top with a tapping welded into the bottom "vasse d'expansion" in French, most ball valves are 3/8 with a small copper float if you are lucky, otherwise it a bit of plastic on the end of the arm

The biggest thing that you would have to worry about in winter is the power going off, maybe for a few hours but it could be for a few days or more, if you are out in the sticks, and want a fair chunk of electricity, you might have to settle for a 3 phase supply, or pay mega Euros and wait for a new line to be run in

Last edited by a moderator:
Why bother with a Gledhill cylinder, do you know what the water pressure is in France??, normally 3 bar, don't try and adapt the UK style of plumbing to France, it don't work like that, pipe sizes are different, apart from iron and the threads, and they are all parallel
If you go the UK route it will mean a trip back to the UK if you have forgotten anything or want spares, etc
Either post on the forum or use the PM system if you want to know more, I live in France and finished my working time in France

This might help you its a few notes I did for a French forum

Plumbing a house
Hot & Cold Water
The Basics

For a layman I would advise them to use plastic piping, but not the c-pvc pipe (the joints need 24 hours to set, and it can be brittle, and be broken easily), rectulated-polyethylene, or cross linked polyethylene (known as PEX or Alphacan etc) for fitting the fittings to the tube a special tool is used, to draw up a brass ring over the plastic tube after a brass insert is fitted into the tube compressing the plastic pipe wall on to the ridges on the insert

If you feel competent in using an oxy acetylene torch, or a gas torch, for hard soldering the copper tube, I would advise using copper tube, in France all copper tube for water is hard soldered, very few compression joints are used by the French plumbers

Both forms of tubing have good and bad points

The plastic tube easy to work with, no scrap value (no theft from an unoccupied site) ideally needs a special cutter to cut the tube cleanly, needs a special crimping tool (costly), the tube needs a special former to stop the tube from 'throating' or collapsing when bent on a tight radius, joints can leak if made wthout care; pipe sizes: 12mm, 16mm, 20mm; in 5 mtr, 10 mtr, 25 tr, or 50mtr coils; with or without an outer sleeve (gaine in French)

The copper tube, can come in "dead" hard temper, of 1 mtr, 2 mtr, 3 mtr, or 4 mtr lengths, or in "dead" soft temper coils, of 5mtr, 10 mtr, 25 mtr, or 50 mtr coils; copper tube in France is 1mm wall thickness, anf comes in equal pipe dimensions and starts at 6mm id/8mm od, (so you would ask for 10/12 mm tube if you wanted a pipe with a 10mm internal bore), and rises in 2mm steps ie 6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22 mm, for normal house plumbing unless the copper tube is soft temper, it needs to be anneled to soften it prior to being bent, pricey to buy (and has a potential for theft from site) copper tube in coils can be also obtained with a 'light' plastic covered insulation, a hard solder (99% copper, 1% phosphorus) is used for the jointing the copper tubes, SOFT SOLDER is not used by French plumbers

=====================================================================

Plumbing a French house is a little different to the plumbing in the UK

First all the water supply is off the main supply (no water storage tanks in the roof space to get contaminated), which is normaly around 3 Bar pressure (1 Bar =1 Atmosphere approx 14.5 lbs a square inch) or about 45lbs sq inch, this pressure means that smaller pipe sizes can be used, both for the hot and cold supplies; if the mains pressure is greater than 3 Bar a pressure reduceing valve needs to be fitted just after the main stop valve where it comes into the building

The modern French way of plumbing a house is to use manifolds for the distribution of both hot and cold water inside the house, a set of manifolds per floor is normal, if the manifolds are fitted with quarter turn valves on the branches, a single appliance can be isolated, these manifolds an either be made on site (to suit the job in-hand) or purchased (3, 4, or 6 outlets, but can be joined together for more outlets) all tube copper or plastic where its buried in the floor or wall must be covered with a plastic gaine

The hot water cylinder is normally a mains water fed, electricaly heated, 200 litres is normal capacity, but 100 ltr 150 ltr and 300 ltr can be obtained, and is a glass lined steel cylinder with a 75mm insulating and a light steel cover jacket, indirect cylinders (with an internal coil heated by a boiler), some boilers come with an integral stainless steel cylinder

The incoming mains water, hot water cylinder, and quite often the boiler as well, are often fitted in the garage, this is where the ground floor manifolds would be fitted close to the incoming water and hot water cylinder and the tubes fitted in the 'first fix' stage are connected
First fix is where the tubes are laid under the concrete slab, or screed, using a manifold system normally allows the pipe work to be laid in one length without any joints in the concrete slab or screed which can be reassuring that there are no leaks are in the buried part of the building

Normal Pipe Sizes for different appliances etc, Note all sizes are internal diameter

Incoming water supply: Copper tube 22mm, Medium Density Polyethelyne (French, black with 4 light blue stripes) 19mm id x 25mm od : Note in old buildings lead pipe can still be found this should be replaced, iron pipe can also be found this needs to be replaced, PVC pipe can also be found, do not touch it can be brittle and snap on you

Hot water cylinder 22 mm copper for at least the first metre, if changeing to plastic
Bath 16 mm or 18 mm
Shower 14 mm or 16 mm
Wash hand basin 12 mm
Bidets 12 mm or 14mm
Kitchen sink 14 mm
Tap for a washing machine or dish washer 12 mm
W/C 10mm
Out side tap 14 mm

Brossett (part of the Wolsey group) do metal expansion tanks semi closed top with a tapping welded into the bottom "vasse d'expansion" in French, most ball valves are 3/8 with a small copper float if you are lucky, otherwise it a bit of plastic on the end of the arm

The biggest thing that you would have to worry about in winter is the power going off, maybe for a few hours but it could be for a few days or more, if you are out in the sticks, and want a fair chunk of electricity, you might have to settle for a 3 phase supply, or pay mega Euros and wait for a new line to be run in
Many thanks Plouasne for all the info. It has been very helpful. Re the decision for a Gledhill HWC, it is also sold in France with the same spec. so presume it suite their markets. It can handle up to 12 bar at the PRV inlet, operates at 2.2 bar, with the T&P relief at 90C/6bar. The reason to buy in UK is cost - £660 vs €1158.
I'm planning on 22/15 copper piping with copper pushfit couplings (Conex cuprofit) as these seem easy to use and also cheaper than solder ring fittings.

Many thanks Plouasne for all the info. It has been very helpful. Re the decision for a Gledhill HWC, it is also sold in France with the same spec. so presume it suite their markets. It can handle up to 12 bar at the PRV inlet, operates at 2.2 bar, with the T&P relief at 90C/6bar. The reason to buy in UK is cost - £660 vs €1158.
I'm planning on 22/15 copper piping with copper pushfit couplings (Conex cuprofit) as these seem easy to use and also cheaper than solder ring fittings.

In my opinion you are asking for trouble, in sourcing your supplies from the UK, first of all The French DO NOT use 15mm tube, the closest you would get is 16/14, or 18/16 mm copper tube, the tube wall is 1 mm thickness, and is specified by both I/D and O/D, the second is frost damage, even in Normandy minus 15°c is not unknown, and all the forums I have been on dealing with France, say one thing, how the UK tube fails whilst the French tube might swell up a bit where its been hard soldered, it doesn't burst when there is a hard frost

Have you thought about assurance ?, you know those "nice" companies who love to take your money, when the sun is shining, but wriggle out of paying you when you have a problem, if an assessor was sent round after a problem that's what he would pick up on as a reason for not paying out, like UK flat twin and earth, ring mains, UK circuit breakers (solid neutral) 13amp sockets, I have seen it all since I have been living here, but the biggest reason for a non payout, in my opinion, and I think that they would have you by the very short and curlies, is the decennial assurance, it is mandatory for a person working in the building industry to hold a 10 year assurance which guaranties his work for 10 years, and if anything did happen, they (the assurance assessor) would say claim on the contractors decennial assurance

I have never seen a Gledhill cylinder in the merchants in France, and looking at the cylinder (I googled it) would say unless they adapted it for the French market it will not be sold in France, the immersion heaters shown on the Gledhill drawings are not sold in France, too many bells and whistles, as well, if you are in the trade, and prove it, can speak a bit of French try getting trade discount at the local merchants, it could be 50% or more

A couple of websites, Salle de Bains, sanitaire, chauffage et carrelage - Espace Aubade plumbers merchants throughout France (at least 5 branches in Lower Normandy), www.leroymerlin.fr (like a B&Q) also google castorama (owned by kingfisher B&Q's owners) also Brossett, (part of the Wolsley group)

I did not intend to imply that all my supplies would be sourced from UK - this is a non starter! We've lived and worked in France recently so we are familiar with the likes of leroy merlin, Mr Brico etc, and very good they are too. Must admit I haven't come across Espace Aubade - must try that out - thanks. I misled you perhaps with the 22/15 copper piping. This of course will be 20x22/14/16.
For the HWC, I have been impressed with the Gledhill unit at Eco Energie Sage - ballons et cuves
I've been researching prices of identical items in UK and France for some time now, for example my Woodburning stove is much cheaper here than in france, yet the flue pipe is considerably cheaper over there. Likewise the Gledhill is cheaper this side and it would appear from the website they are certainly on the French market.
I've a tight budget, and while I will never scrimp on safety it does pay to shop around. The beauty of this website is that you can get good feedback on equipment to help with the decision making.

just a thought i know copper sizes are different on the continent but what thread sizes do the use? was thinking with a cylinder its all threaded connections rather than copper connections

in spain
3/8
1/2
3/4

about the same in general

A normal hot water cylinder has two 3/4" M I stub connections, before any thing else is connected both the hot outlet, and the cold inlet, should have what is known as a Raccord dielectric fitted a mxf union with an electrical insulating flange and sleeve, then on the cold inlet its the Groupe de securite

Copper tube size all 1 mill wall thickness 6/8 id/od, upwards, it comes in "bar's" of 1,2,3, or 5 mtr lengths, dead hard temper, or in "couronnes" coils of dead soft copper,5,10,15,25,and 50mtr rolls

Iron pipe and fittings, come in two ways of naming the size either metric (mm), or in a rather archaic term called the pouce (poos) French for thumb roughly translated its another term for inch, all fittings with the exception of a few especially for gas, are BSP pipe threads, and with the exception of iron barrel ends, all the threads are parallel, even the copper to copper compression joints, (no M I to copper fitting? , ok take the nut of the end and use the fitting, dead easy when in a fix)
Iron pipe sizes 3/8" or 12/17mm, 1/2" 15/21mm, 3/4" 20/27mm

Well in 1807 the brits had knocked seven bells out of old Boney, and wanted to use up the musket barrels left over and as it was good for running gas through, this is the first war sale that was of good use, and seeing that the brits ruled just about half the world then, this was just about their one and only export that has stuck and stood the test of time

Hemp (filas) is still used the equivalent of boss white, is colle mat looks like a dark green grease, PTFE tape water and gas quality is used so is fibre washers, these come in all different types fibre, klingerite rubber

Names of copper tube fittings, same as the English in most of them named after parts of the body
Straight coupling = Manchon
Elbows = Coude (specify either fxf or mxf angle 90° or 45°)
Large radius bend = courbe rayon
Semi pass over bend = Clarinette
Full pass over bend = Chapeaux de Gendarme
Tee = Té
Tap coupling = Raccord droit avec ecrous prisonnier
Bent tap coupling = Raccord coude ecrous prisonnier
Nipples = Mamelon
Stop end = Buchon
Stop valve or any valve (just about) = Robinet
Reducer = Reduction
Fixing clips, (2 pc, stamped steel, single or double, tapped for 6mm thread)
= Collier
single = simple, double = double (doub)
with a ribbed rubber insulation = collier isophonique

Insulation = Isolation

The protective ribbed plastic sleeve which MUST go over any pipework buried in the walls or floor is called a Gaine (gan)

jbolland,

Eco Energie Sage is way down in the Dordogne, and I admit that I haven't heard of him before, there was another Brit Paul Gee, I think the name was, trading in the same area, selling Hep2o etc it could be him in another name, his speciality was selling to the Brits, because the Brits couldn't speak the language, and did not know what to ask for, if they could speak French, I never have come across a Gledhill in any of the French merchants, and my son would have told me if he had seen one, being an artisan in Brittany

Without doing a mappy or a viamichelin and knowing where you live I would say that its the best part of 7 hours drive one way

One of the reasons for the high prices are the "subventions" (grants" up to 50% on the materials only) paid for by the state, if the work is carried out by an artisan, and the merchants do like to look after their trade customers with hefty discounts ( one tip I learnt a long time ago, was to show a trade card, and ask for a "remiss" (discount) before buying anything), for plastic's including UFH plastic, try Frans Bohomme or PUM Plastics, both are good and are major suppliers to the trade, I used to buy from Frans Bonhomme in St Brieuc, and wanted a 50mm female plastic by 11/2" male iron coupling, but was in Dinan, told them in Dinan, that I used to buy from them in St Brieuc, and got trade price, 50% off no messing cost me 3.50€

If you google Frans Bonhomme they have a bloody great PDF file on all that they stock, which you can download

Hope that this helps, also I hope that you don't mind me asking, are you up to date on the electrical regs in France

This link should open on the page which will point you in the way of subventions etc

http://www.leroymerlin.fr/mpng2-fro...ub=1121064200&elementname=fiche-&renderall=on

Hi! Plouasne

What are the effects of water pipe noise, copper pipe erosion, flow rates and water hammer on the smaller pipe French systems?

What are the appliance flow rates like?

Over here we have a recommended maximum flow rate velocity of something like 3 litres per second on cool water going down for hotter.

What is it in France?

Hi! Plouasne

What are the effects of water pipe noise, copper pipe erosion, flow rates and water hammer on the smaller pipe French systems?

What are the appliance flow rates like?

Over here we have a recommended maximum flow rate velocity of something like 3 litres per second on cool water going down for hotter.

What is it in France?

The copper tube is 1mm wall thickness, and (unless in a coil, dead soft temper) like a gun barrel, try to pull a bend without heat, and you can pull your nuts off, I have never seen any erosion on mains water, but on private supplies (for this read straight from a shallow well, or river, there can be some depending on the water), mains water in just about every where is 3 bar, both hot and cold, water hammer is very occasional come across, and the the normal practise is to fit an "anti-belier" (belier = French for the animal ram, or battering ram) shock arrester, clips are at 1.5 to 2 mtrs (off the top of my head, but will check with the DTU's (like the BSS) for exact spacing, they can be plain stamped steel doubles or singles, with or without a ribbed rubber covering for either insulation or sound deadening, same for recommended flow rates, but if you have a flow rate chart with pressure, I will list the standard sizes for the most common appliances, for you to compare

House;
Standard 3/4 bed, 2 bath, 1 shower, 1 kitchen, 1 washing machine, and dishwasher, outside HU Bibcock

Incoming mains;
Black "poly" with 4 light blue stripes down the length, 19/25mm, this now a days, runs ( point of entry), stop valve, PRV (if needed), to a manifold, with the ground floor branches, taken off there then to the cylinder, in 22/20 mm copper, the Groupe de Securite which is the combined stop valve/safety and over pressure valve, then the isolating union, hot from cylinder, isolating union then to a manifold, from both ground floor manifolds, it would be 18/20 to the first floor manifolds, that's the general layout done

Appliances;
Bath, = 16/18
Shower, = 14/16
Basin, = 12/14, or 12/10
Bidet, = 12/14 or 10/12
Sink, = 12/14
W/C, = 8/10
Washing machine (only cold fills in France) and or Dishwasher 10/12 or 12/14
HU Bibcock, = 12/14

General Note;
All pipework where it is not exposed MUST BE RUN IN A GAINE (Gan), a protective outer sleeve of corrugated plastic to prevent it from corrosion and allow free movement of the pipework, access traps in the floor are unheard of in France

When I have a moment and can find them I will post some photos, of work done in France

EDIT:: I forgot to say that all copper pipe work for water MUST be HARD SOLDERED, like the old BOC Cuprotetec rods, Gas is silver soldered minimum 8% silver

EDIT 2:: I have checked my DTU 60 and the maximum spaceing of pipe clips for copper tube is
Upto 22mm O/D 1.25 metres
25 to 42mm O/D 1.8 metres
Over 54mm O/D 2.5 metres

Photo of a Groupe de Securite with a "crappy" flexy waste normally the waste is run in 30mm from the trap adaptor to a drain, the trap never dries out because there is a dribble of water when the cylinder heats up normal setting around 80/85°c, when on overnight off-peak supply, set when the meter is installed and remotely controlled by EDF via a command pulse down the line

Attachments

• C018600_274_9.jpg
    C018600_274_9.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 26
Hi there
Did you install The BOX from Floorheater in te end? How did it go? Would you recommend? Pros' con's? Many thanks
Fiona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Each manifold will have it's own pump and TMV...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Back