Central heating pressure is discharging through condensate trap. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating pressure is discharging through condensate trap. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone, my sister's 5 year old Worcester Greenstar CDi Classic boiler is losing pressure rapidly[down from 1.5bar to zero overnight]. I checked everything I can think of including all visible pipework, radiators and pressure relief valve outlet and couldn't find a thing out of the ordinary. As a last resort I disconnected the condensate pipework where it has been plumbed into a sink waste pipe[ not checked if that method is permitted for an outlet but that's how it was installed] and water is coming out constantly until pressure guage shows zero. Re-pressurised and water came out again. She has only just had a service and the condensate trap was cleaned and refitted so I contacted the engineer and he wasn't interested. My question is could the leak be down to bad refitting or is a leaking heat exchanger more likely? Also, assuming the worst what would she expect to pay for a new heat exchange to be fitted? Cheers

Hi everyone, my sister's 5 year old Worcester Greenstar CDi Classic boiler is losing pressure rapidly[down from 1.5bar to zero overnight]. I checked everything I can think of including all visible pipework, radiators and pressure relief valve outlet and couldn't find a thing out of the ordinary. As a last resort I disconnected the condensate pipework where it has been plumbed into a sink waste pipe[ not checked if that method is permitted for an outlet but that's how it was installed] and water is coming out constantly until pressure guage shows zero. Re-pressurised and water came out again. She has only just had a service and the condensate trap was cleaned and refitted so I contacted the engineer and he wasn't interested. My question is could the leak be down to bad refitting or is a leaking heat exchanger more likely? Also, assuming the worst what would she expect to pay for a new heat exchange to be fitted? Cheers
Leaking hex.

Think Worcester Guarantee the HEX for 10 years, but you'd have to check.

Call Worcester out as the Cdi has a min of 7 years guarantee

I’m sure it will need to have had an annual service each year and water quality at an acceptable level for a warranty repair.

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Do pipes come out of the floor on ground floor...
Replies
Views
Back