central heating programmer lifetime? (danfoss set2e) | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss central heating programmer lifetime? (danfoss set2e) in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joefizz

Hi folks,
First post so please be gentle ;-)
My oil fired central heating system was put in 16 years ago coupled to an old coal back burner.
The programmer is a Danfoss set2e which is still working.
In that 16 years Ive replaced the boiler once, the two port valve motorised section twice and the pump twice. The one and only thermostatic valve went last week (original 30 years old installed when the house was new).
So my question is, would I be better replacing the controller before it goes (when I might be away) or do they seem to last a long time?
I know thats a piece of string question but whats the experience of the lifetime of this type of timer?
Joe

I'd leave it untill it fails, they are readily available, just get one when you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Its a Combi. Its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Back