Central heating query? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating query? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DIY Dan

Hi

Planning on having a plumber coming round to re-pipe and swap 8 radiators at my house.

Obviously he'll be working on the central heating circuit for a few days so I was just wondering if I'll be able to still use hot water/shower if I go ahead
with this work?

May need more system details , but guy doing job may find something he does't
like ,so any answer cannot be taken as Fact. Combi / Cylinder ?

Thanks for the reply.

It's a combi system.

I was just wondering if the plumber be able to cap off the heating pipes he's working on when leaving so I would still be able to use hot water/shower etc for the suration of the job?

leave a couple in situ to allow it to work ok if pos. Always best to have a leccy shower to cover you when combi fails, or you want to change the rads, why are you swappong everything out of interest?

leave a couple in situ to allow it to work ok if pos. Always best to have a leccy shower to cover you when combi fails, or you want to change the rads, why are you swappong everything out of interest?

Ok cheers.

Just moved into a new house recently. The boiler seems ok but the radiators are old and need updating. Found a couple leaks on the heating pipes also so planning on getting them re-piped and new radiators installed.

Just wondered generally if this work would affect me using hot water/shower? If heating pipes are capped off can I have the boiler running and use my hot water/shower still?

If its practical The flow and return can be looped underneath the boiler together allowing the work to be done and you can also have hot water.

Have the plumber loop the flow and return near the boiler, whilst he's working on the rest of the system. This will give you hot water when you need it and allow the plumber plenty of time to change the pipes and radiators.

He can reconnect and refill the whole system when he's done.

You wouldn't need to swap eight rads? Wow, that's good **** you're pushing! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
L
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Back