Central heating refill valve and pressure relief vent | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating refill valve and pressure relief vent in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, hoping you can advise on a couple of problems I need to resolve. Please see photo

1. Not sure why there are two valves (in series) to operate to feed water into the system and raise pressure, but the lower (first) valve leaks water while open. Initially a small dribble, but most recently a major jet, worried it may totally fail next time it is operated. So I’m looking into changing it. Should I fit a like for like replacement, is it a suitable type of valve?

2. I need to re-route the pressure relief vent pipe as an extension has been built across where it exists the wall. Please confirm I can do this without needing to drain the system. Also please advise what sort of vent should be fitted on the end of the pipe, externally.

Thanks in advance

74706551-A433-402E-8D2C-7DA31CC3E276.jpeg

Yep they tend to leak after a few years best to replace

And correct aslong as it has a fall on it and doesn’t terminate above a door / window you will be fine

Yep they tend to leak after a few years best to replace

And correct aslong as it has a fall on it and doesn’t terminate above a door / window you will be fine
Thanks for replying Shaun,

Do you know if there is a15mm pipe fitting that should go on the external, some sought of insect proof gauze outlet, or will a down-turned elbow suffice?

I have means of isolation both sides of the valve to be replaced. I think it’s compression fittings so is it a reasonable approach to isolate both sides, release the pressure slowly, drain as much as possible and replace the valve? Or am I suggesting something very stoopid!

Similar plumbing topics

Back