Central heating room thermostat replacement | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating room thermostat replacement in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,
I have a simple mechanical Honeywell wall thermostat (i think you call it a 2 wire). I want to replace it as it is a bit old and unsightly and seems to have a lot of "play" between on and off.

I could obviously easily replace it with the same thermostat or a very similar one, however i would be interested in any recommendations for a better one. I dont want to get complicated and basically just want to wire it up to the existing cables.

Any suggestions..?

Many Thanks..

Problem is you don’t have a neutral hence the big difference/ switch on / switch off temps I think without a neutral it’s around 6-7 dc either way

So you will need a battery version or upgrade to a wireless room stat

I replaced my mechanical stat with one of these (FantiniCosmi CH110) which does exactly as it says on the tin.
Its a 2 wire stat, with 2XAA batteries which allegedly last for 2 years or so, is has a adjustable differential of 0.3C (default setting) to 2C, I left it at the default setting and it gives excellent control once the room(s) are up to temperature in the morning, it has two adjustable setpoints (in 0.1C increments) which are handy as one can be used as a setback.
Cons: It is not backlit. It can be switched OFF but if you want it to display the temperature without switching then you must set it well below the room temperature.

Whatever you opt for, would advise to buy one with a low differential like mine above as (if required) it gives surprisingly tight room control.

Attachments

• FantiniCosmi CH110.jpg
    FantiniCosmi CH110.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 27
  • FantiniCosmi Roomstat.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
I replaced my mechanical stat with one of these (FantiniCosmi CH110) which does exactly as it says on the tin.
Its a 2 wire stat, with 2XAA batteries which allegedly last for 2 years or so, is has a adjustable differential of 0.3C (default setting) to 2C, I left it at the default setting and it gives excellent control once the room(s) are up to temperature in the morning, it has two adjustable setpoints (in 0.1C increments) which are handy as one can be used as a setback.
Cons: It is not backlit. It can be switched OFF but if you want it to display the temperature without switching then you must set it well below the room temperature.

Whatever you opt for, would advise to buy one with a low differential like mine above as (if required) it gives surprisingly tight room control.
Thanks John..

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
Programmable room stat. Probably give you 6...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Assume a 25kw boiler with a minimum output of...
Replies
Views
Back