Central Heating stopped working | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central Heating stopped working in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darkwing

Hi All

My boiler is fine - i get hot water no issue.

The problem is that my central heating isn't coming on.

I have a Drayton SM1 control and although it makes the "clock sound" moving the switches on the control does nothing. I can not get the red light to show up at all.

Is this likely to be an issue with the control being faulty or something else in the system?

Thanks for any advice.

Welcome to the forum. Need a bit more detail or better still pictures of pump and controls.

If the time clock has a red light not working, then probably is the clock that is faulty. Needs a simple check to see if power is going to boiler.
Some systems have motorised valves and can be wired that the power goes from the motorised valve when it opens to the boiler and it is possible for it to be faulty.

Welcome to the forum Darkwing, if it is not something you can diy then post your postcode and perhaps a member local to you could help.

Thanks for the quick replys guys!

Photos are viewing at (bit too big to post here)

Index of /Photos

It's annoying as was only serviced a month or two back! I believe it's covered under my house insurance so I could give them a call but if it's simply a case of replacing the unit then it's pretty straight forward.

Got the same boiler. Presumably your timeswitch is wired across the room stat terminals? Do you have a room stat in line as well or just using the timeswitch?
If you're competent with a screwdriver you could move the red wire on terminal 5 to the black wire on terminal 3. If the heating comes on it's a fault with the timeswitch contacts. If it doesn't, there's a break or something else in the line.

Thanks I'll give that a go and see what happens. The themostat is in the hallway, that's not lighting up either.

I've just done this - the heating is back! (well till i move it back).

Does this just sound like the unit is broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
Back