Central heating system cleaning | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating system cleaning in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, I have added a bottle of Fernox F3 into my towel radiator upstairs, I have run the heating for a good few days now.
I have bleed off points downstairs I can attach a hosepipe to drain the system.
Question when all the water has drained out can I leave the hosepipe on and fill the system so the water flows through the system and remove any left over crap out of the hosepipe, and then when I see water running clear remove hosepipe, and then fill up the system and bleed all the radiators.
Many thanks

The risk with leaving the drain open is that you'll only flush a limited fraction of the pipework because the water will follow the path of least resistance. Better, IMO, to close the drain, refill, circulate to get water forced around everywhere then drain fully and refill.

Manufacturer's instructions are here:

best to follow them to the letter, they're the experts.

The risk with leaving the drain open is that you'll only flush a limited fraction of the pipework because the water will follow the path of least resistance. Better, IMO, to close the drain, refill, circulate to get water forced around everywhere then drain fully and refill.

Manufacturer's instructions are here:

best to follow them to the letter, they're the experts.
If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and drain a couple of times......

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
What exactly do you mean by it wasn't...
Replies
Views
Back