Central heating tripping main switch | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating tripping main switch in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivalacram

Hi
My central heating is tripping the main switch. I have had an electrician change the fused spur and check the wiring going not the boiler. The programmer was then removed and the system no longer tripped the switch (with the boiler working) - so I have changed the programmer but when it is replaced into the system the main switch trips every time the circuit is turned on - the boiler is working and this only occurs when the programmer is part of the circuit. Any ideas as to why the switch is tripping or how to bypass the programmer so that I can get hot water and heating?

Welcome to the forum Vivalacram :)

Do you have a hard wired room thermostat fitted?

What make and model boiler is it?

How did you get the boiler working without the programmer?

There's a limit to what advice we can offer, by the way.... would hate to see you wake up dead :)

Have you spilt water/ have a leak dripping on your zone valve?

Welcome to the forum Vivalacram :)

Do you have a hard wired room thermostat fitted?

What make and model boiler is it?

How did you get the boiler working without the programmer?

There's a limit to what advice we can offer, by the way.... would hate to see you wake up dead :)

Yeah hard wired room thermostat linked to programmer - danfoss FP715-Si

Boiler is ideal icos he12

the light on the boiler came on is what I meant - it did not fire up as it needs the programmer to do this I believe.

i understand that was just wanting advice really

Switch on original got stuck so and wanted one with an indicator light.

I'm a silly boy. I will write out 100 times

"I must not give such information to non gsr's!"

Last edited by a moderator:
And your zone valve/motorised valve will more than likely be in your cylinder cupboard.

Yeah hard wired room thermostat linked to programmer - danfoss FP715-Si

Boiler is ideal icos he12

the light on the boiler came on is what I meant - it did not fire up as it needs the programmer to do this I believe.

i understand that was just wanting advice really

The icos is linked in with the rest of the system wiring so could be anything to be honest! Boiler, diverter/zone valve, pump or room thermostat! My advice would be to get someone who knows how to fault find heating issues! Most likely suspect is not immediately the Icos boiler, IMHO .. more likely one of the external controls but I am totally guessing and will be forever more!! There's a section on here where you can ask for someone in your area to call around. At least you'd be able to check out their posts etc before giving them the work :) Just a thought!

I'm a silly boy. I will write out 100 times

"I must not give such information to non gsr's!"

Brilliant, apologies. We all get carried away sometimes ;)

my moneys on the pump but you should probably get a heating engineer out to fault find and be sure

If first switch died from having its contacts welded,sounds like a cautious electrician is required.

You may have an intermittent short (get it tested )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Can I have your gas reg number please so I can...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Back