central heating unvented losing pressure | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss central heating unvented losing pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue.
During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system.
During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not losing or low pressure. Pressure at one bar during summer time.

only in winter time, i am having low pressure on unvented system.
During winter time, i run central heating, with in two days, the pressure goes to zero so i have to top-up to 1 and half bar and then pressure goes to zero bar . this is the pressure gauge at unvented hot water cylinder system which shows zero.

I can't see any leak on the ceiling. I wonder whether the water goes back from radiator to hot water cylinder hence the central heating water loses and pressure goes down.

I also get tick tick sound when i start central heating for few mins. I did bleed radiators and gas is released.

Similar plumbing topics

it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
It has dropped after isolating. Bugger
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Thanks again for your help. Having got hold of...
Replies
Views
Back