Central heating wont stop coming on, please help!! | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating wont stop coming on, please help!! in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnbonham

Hi All

We have recently moved into a flat that has a Baxi Combi 133HE Plus boilder and a Danfoss TP4 thermostat system.

Following the end of the cold weather I set the boiler to "summer" mode and turned down the central heating nob to 0. I also set the thermostat to 5 degrees (the minimum) so that it doesn't come on.

The problem is that any time the hot water is run, obviously the boiler starts up, but it is also sending hot water to the radiators (thus after a couple of showers the radiators are red hot). Is there any way to stop this happening, surely if the boiler is set to summer mode it should prevent any hot water going to the radiators?

I could turn off the input to each radiator but I am concerned that hot water will still be pumping round the radiator system?

Any help would be most appreciated!!

Cheers
JB

Chances are it will be the diverter sticking. You can turn the rads off at the valves for now, would leave one of them turned on though to dissipate a bit of heat. Then get a engineer in John Henry Bonham!

Probably the best drummer in the greatest rock band of all time!

And it turns out he's done a Lord lucan on us!

Cheers for the replies guys, i'll get onto getting that sorted.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Back