Central heating working but no hot water | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating working but no hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John1943

When tap is turned on for hot water only, boiler remains at central heating temperature, rather than reduce to 1 bar as previously. Boiler ia a Saunier Duval.
Any advice? (Retired Plumber).

Apologies if ive read this wrong but bar is a measurement of pressure not temperature

Apology is mine! The man of the house was through the other room trying to fix the hot water while I was asking for support on the plumbing forum, (he knows nothing about the internet and I know nothing about plumbing!). Basically the problem appears to be that the central heating is operating as normal, but we have no hot water from the taps.-only cold.
Thanks for replying

Do all your radiators get hot? there could be air in the coil of your cylinder, or your 2/3port might be stuck.

im just a newby trainee, so might want to wait for the plumbers to reply on here.

All radiators working as normal, just no hot water at taps. Appears to start up on hot water cycle then cuts out. Thanks for your interest

I have the same problem. Is there a solution?? I am looking forward for your replies.

I have a similar issue - I was going to start a new thread but can't suss out how to so I'll piggyback this thread instead.

My SD combi (Semia Condens I think) is almost 5 years old. Through most of the year everything is great. Over the past couple of winters its started playing up. When you open a hot tap you've got to open the tap almost fully before the system senses flow and fires the boiler up. It seems that the colder the weather the more pronounced this gets. When the boiler does kick in the hot water is only really tepid - not hot. For the past few days I've had to dial up the CH thermostat a degree or two so the central heating kicks in. When that happens the boiler kicks in again and I can get as much hot water as I like out the taps - scalding hot too!

I'm wondering if theres a flow sensor that looks for signs of hot water tap flow thats simply being a bit stubborn? As I say when the boiler is heating the CH water the tap water is lovely and hot but without the CH in operation all I get is lukewarm water and even then I've got to almost fully open the hot tap before the boiler "clicks in". The boiler is next to a sink so its not hard to open / shut the hot tap and listen out / watch for different things.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
Back