Central heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

I know this post relates to heating and not gas but I prefer the quality of answers I get in here.

Was at a job today and customer has a worcester 30si (rebadged as British Gas) What I had to do was drain down and basically extend the ch pipework up and back down (basically creating a lovely place for air to trap) so the chippies can put new joists in and stuff. Now there are to bottle air vents that are broken so nowhere really to let the air our (cant get it all out from the rads as the install is a shower of you know what.

I refilled and the return on the boiler getting hot but flow seemed cold. I have only run these loops in poly pipe as they are coming out in a week or so and am then re-doing it in copper. Can I assume air locks in a big way on this - when I redo the copper I am going to put in new thumb screw vents or could it be something else?

was the heating/boiler working fine before you altered the pipework? i would have dropped a couple of thumb vents in to vent before running the heating, once the air is out the system should run ok.

cheers AW, I didnt check the heating first of all (school boy error I know), seems like air to me and cant think of anything else - appreciate your thoughts

ive done it myself in the past but now before i touch an appliance i check its working as its not uncommon to be called to do work and not be told of problems by the customer. i serviced a back boiler when i was younger for a friends mother didnt tell me till it was in bits that it had not worked for a few years...... mothers.

Last edited:
If the flow is cold sound's like trapped air in the heat ex. Try bleeding the pump first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back