Centrica having a laugh! | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Centrica having a laugh! in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've had a spate of low pressure issues recently.
MWP @ about 17.5mb
Centrica engineers are a special breed but I couldn't take being told again that I was wrong so I asked the last one to prove the pressure was OK. The guy quite confidently passed me his basic u-gauge to confirm my digital one is faulty but when I saw it was full of yellow fluid I refused his kind gesture and nipped to the van for my 'reign 45-pro'
My gauge read the same as my digital one at 17.5mb where his read 19.5mb
Now I'd like to think I'm wrong but it seems they've been handing out some light-weight fluid and all of a sudden my spate of issues made sense!
He didn't argue with my gauge (as the fluid for it alone costs more than his whole gauge)

Please tell me this is an isolated incident!

I just wonder if its the engineers error or if his liquid contains alcohol or something with a lower sg (a 50/50 mix should do the job)

It wouldn't surprise me to find that now they've agreed a harmoginised standard (18.5mb).
Engineers are trying to get away with stretching it a bit...

And make it easier to see, yea.
What about the 2mb difference in readings?
If you watched him make his readings and his technique was okay (checked zero, gauge vertical, etc.) then, I think you're right, the most likely issue his fluid has been contaminated.

Similar plumbing topics

It doesn’t sound like you’ve had the best...
Replies
Views
You can get interesting stuff on commercial as...
Replies
Views
N
Its kind of besides the point now guys. We've...
Replies
Views
nems1982
N
W
Problem is GM, the poor sod he gets in is gona...
Replies
Views
Mbear
M
Back