Ceramic Kitchen Tap - not designed for washer replacement - REALY? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ceramic Kitchen Tap - not designed for washer replacement - REALY? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I have a dripping Franke Mythos quarter turn kitchen tap. It seems that the two part washer element are not replacable and I have to replace the complete valves _ please can you confirm this is correct? I am already a cynic by experience, and if this is the case it will confirm the world has gone mad!
As a matter of interest the two part washer arrangement can be removed from the valve - so why not a replacement? There is a replacement kit, however its not specific to Franke Mythos so will not risk it! However it proves that such replacements can be made!

Yep replace the whole valve / cartridge or worse case the tap

The world went mad years ago. Hadn't you noticed? Quite agree that the parts OUGHT to be replaceable. As you say, they come out easily enough!

A bit like the rubber squeegy on windscreen wipers that can be sourced very cheaply from China (via ebay) and are often excellent quality - that no European firm will supply (because 'the wear and tear on the wiper arm is significant and so we only sell the whole thing for your safety and comfort' or such rot).

Hope your Amazon purchase (though it's a firm I usually avoid) works out for you.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Even if you found the make it wouldn't help...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Bristan is usually my first choice for taps...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, will look for their single hole...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK, I'm spotting a theme here :) Thanks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Replies
Views
Pauline Wilkinson
P
Back