Chaffateaux water heaters!!!! | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Chaffateaux water heaters!!!! in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

F

falcongas

Good evening gentleman

I had to share this with you!

i went to a house to service an old glow worm 75 boiler, i had a drop on my tightness test and went about isolating appliances, and testing joints etc..it wasnt till i isolated the water heater that the drop stopped. so i sprayed around the pipework and gas valve, testing points etc and couldnt find a leak, any how i capped off the water heater and told the lady that a new gas valve was required. i charged a very reasonable rate for the service and no additional cost for the extra time trying to trace the leak, i didnt do what transco do! (TOFO) I rang around most merchants and cheapest i could fing the gas valve was £255 inc vat!!!!!! the bleeding water heaters £500 if that! apparently ariston have taken over chaffateaux, and although some parts are available, insurance contracta arent! so i had to break the news to the poor lady.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Get a gas fitter to come and take a look at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun, Much appreciated. It's nice to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes that would work in my opinion not a expert...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK thanks for the response. I hadn't...
Replies
Views
Back