chaffeteaux boiler fault | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss chaffeteaux boiler fault in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
came across this boiler the other day, done a few of them before but never had this fault, any ideas?

It workes fine on htg and hw.

Customer said if you run a bath it will get hot and stay hot but then wait 5 mins and turn on a tap again it will sometimes flash up with the "50" led flashing, the red lock out light will not come on but the boiler won't fire.

To get it going she said she bangs on the case. I pressed the reset when it did it and it fired back up although it was not locked out.

The 50 led code flashing means on the lines of "no circulation in primary circuit" The boiler doesnt go out on temprature it does it as soon as you open a hot tap even though it could be runnning fine for 10 mins on hw/htg so I dont think its a circulation fault.

I was thinking pcb, anyone else come across this? 009.jpg

Last edited:
Its a minima, Sounds like the 3 way is sticking or lazy maybe, not returning to the correct position after use? Not had much dealing with these, fitted one when they first cam out and realised they were awful so never touched another.

Does the pump definately not try and run the second time? Maybe when running on full whack for a while the heat causes the pump to jam/fail?

Last edited:
Its a minima, Sounds like the 3 way is sticking or lazy maybe, not returning to the correct position after use? Not had much dealing with these, fitted one when they first cam out and realised they were awful so never touched another.

Does the pump definately not try and run the second time? Maybe when running on full whack for a while the heat causes the pump to jam/fail?

not sure actuly 2bh, dont think anything happens other than the flashing light. You would think if it was the pump sticking that it would go to lockout and the red light would come on though, thats why I was thinking pcb.

maybe worth checking for 230v on the pump before changing board?

Bit of a weird one, I hate diagnosing PCB as it's always a bit of an educated guess and getting it wrong costs the customers a lot of money. To be fair though you've prob got a lot more experience than me on breakdowns, haven't been into for a while although getting the odd job back through now so might need to dust off the cob webs!

Yeah I know what you mean, pcb's are never cheap. Im hoping they wont get it done, its through a letting agents, my mate is getting alot of work off them and passing the gas stuf on to me. We started about 3 weeks ago and im told they will pay at the end of the month. I am reluctant to pay for any parts until I know they wont mess us around with the money. So far has just been llgs checks, the 1 other breakdown I did for them was a week ago, quoted and said I want the money up front and didn't hear back.

Yeah I wouldn't fancy being the best part of £200 out of pocket until I knew I was getting paid for it. Has your mate only just got this letting agency deal then?

Yeah I wouldn't fancy being the best part of £200 out of pocket until I knew I was getting paid for it. Has your mate only just got this letting agency deal then?

Yeah he has got 3 letting agents that he does work for, he used to be an estate agent so he said he knows them. He has only just started doing work for them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
"While zone 2 is running if I turn up the...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back