Chaffoteaux britony 2t water heater pilot outage | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Chaffoteaux britony 2t water heater pilot outage in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

F

fastnova

Hello, im a gas safe engineer and im having a nightmare with a britony 2t pilot problem..

I was called to the heater which had a water leak due to the burner staying on after the tap was turned off.. (burner was beading with gas)

So i installed a complete new gas water section to the heater and all seemed to be fine, after 2 days the pilot started going out, this has now continued for several weeks and happens almost 1-4 times a day. There seems to be no pattern to this, as in water being used or wind ect. It will go out even if the heater is not being used...

Ive tried everthing i can think of with this problem now, the heat exchanger is fine and in good condition, the flue is fitted correctly and sealed, the case seal is fine..

*Before the change of the part, the customer never had pilot outage, only in bad weather once or twice a year*

Ive done all the checks, gas pressure and water pressure.. Ive adjusted the slow ignition screw several times to make the heater ignite as soft as possible and still no joy..

Has anybody ever had the same issue as this and found a resolution?

Ive been a gas engineer for 16 years and worked on hundreds of these heaters replacing all the parts in the heater and never had this problem before?

Any help or ideas with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks..

fair idea what the problem is but not posting on the open forum due to diyers and chancers being able to read . join the closed forum for gas safe registered engineers your more likely to get help there.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You need to narrow down your search area...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
I will give you another tip, ring a gas safe...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
The unvented cylinder thermostat I believe is...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
N
  • Question
Sorry is it just a water heater or combi, both...
Replies
Views
Back