Chain soil pipe cutter | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Chain soil pipe cutter in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

double d

Any one seen or got one of these? ive had a few jobs now with Cast iron soil pipes and im looking for a easyer way of cutting them out

Soil Pipe Cutters

Yes, I've used one. I think I'll stick to using the angle grinder ta. Quicker and easier.

Got a Ridgid "snap cutter" best bit of kit I own for cast pipe work you could always hire one and put it on the cost of the job regards turnpin
icon7.png

Got a Ridgid "snap cutter" best bit of kit I own for cast pipe work you could always hire one and put it on the cost of the job regards turnpin
icon7.png

i use my rip saw but i wouldn't mess with popeye now where did i put my spinage ???

Cut with jigsaw/hacksaw, even recip' saw. All sound like a mission to me. Protect the floor, and spin it out with a grinder. Takes less than 1 minute. Recip sounds like the best of a bad bunch from above.

I had to core drill a cast stack for a strap on boss. Using a diamond core cutter. It took over an hour, it was so bloody thick...

Looked good in the end though, if I don't say so myself!

using a hack saw does not take long providing you can gain access/move the saw. if you have more than a couple to do tho it can cause some hand cramping and muscle ache.

I have one of these Ridgid chain breakers. Could not justify buying new so bought it off Ebay a few years ago and has made life alot easier . It does not give you much warning when the pipe is about to break unlike cutting . A mate of mine swears by using a 9 inch angle grinder but I have seen the dust it leaves behind so will be sticking to my chain breaker where possible .

As said, use a 9" angle grinder. Put a dust sheet down. Make sure nothing flamable is hit by the sparks, and zap through it. Honestly less than 1 minute, clean cut.

You can do it with a 4" but is more fiddly.

use a 9 inch grinder with a diamond blade slices through and hardly any dust best of all is a diamond petrol saw with the 12 inch balde

As said, use a 9" angle grinder. Put a dust sheet down. Make sure nothing flamable is hit by the sparks, and zap through it. Honestly less than 1 minute, clean cut.

You can do it with a 4" but is more fiddly.

I used a 4" grinder recently but i could only get half way due to the angle of the cast, did the other half with a hacksaw and hated every minute. 9" grinder next time

Ye i use a 9" grinder at the moment, but im just looking at making my life a tad easyer ( and i want a new toy ) so i think i might look at E-bay im not paying the money they are asking for a brand new one

i usually cut the front out to get the grinder right through to horizontal cut 6inches apart the two vetical cuts down the side take out the front bit then cut the back as even a 9inch grinder minus the guard doesnt get right through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Turn your phone 45 degrees!!! The picture is...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
D
Very hard to determine what you can and can't...
Replies
Views
https://www.monsterplumb.co.uk/floplast-110mm-x...
Replies
Views
Back