changed from semi - gravity to a combination boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss changed from semi - gravity to a combination boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

notorious

hi wondering if anyone can help, i had a semi gravity system, i have replaced it with a combination boiler, the heating had its own circuit which was pumped, the airing cupboard has been taken out, basically i have got the combi working but none of the upstairs rads will get hot, the flow and return going upto them wont get hot, there is a valve on 1 of these pipes, i have attached a picture, does anyone think this valve is the cause? any help is appreciated

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 41
it s not a very good picture but its probably a non return /check valve teke it out

definitely the one on the left is a dumball valve or none return, they were put on heating pipes to stop gravity heating of the radiators when you selected hot water only. take it out , put a straight connector in place and problem should be solved.

Defo always something to look for when converting to a combi, sometimes you'll get away with it if you get the flow/returns the riught way.

Had to remove one myself when I was on a job a few weeks ago.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Very informative...........thx🙄
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Back