Changing bath mixer tap on Unvented System? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Changing bath mixer tap on Unvented System? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Good Evening all, hope everyone is well.

Im not long out of my time so go gentle please lol.

I have the job of replacing bath mixer tap (no isolation valves fitted under bath). It has an unvented cylinder installed. Is it just a case of isolating mains water, opening taps to drain water out of pipework (inc kitchen tap). Or is there more to it? Ive heard horror stories of them imploding and dont want it happening to me.

Turn mains off open a few taps let it drain out

I wouldn’t touch them as they will cause you problems in the end

When it’s trying to suck the water out eg under vacuum

No just open more than one eg kitchen sink and bath taps etc

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You've fecked up, it's not the way to do it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you so much. I am now officially out of...
Replies
Views
F
  • Question
1. If you have a combi boiler then, unless you...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
Hi. Novice here! Bathroom mixer tap was...
Replies
Views
Leicesterfan
L
Back