changing boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss changing boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

louisqaz

hello we have at the moment a knackered Apollo 30/50 boiler which i am hoping to replace with a recently purchased nearly new Ideal icos he18 regular boiler is it a straight forward swap or is there more to it i would appreciate your comments thanks

send the ideal back it is a nightmare your apollo is more reliable .....and thats dead i dont often say this as i fit baxi,get a worcester heat only or a valiant if your reading this baxi your solo he is as bad as the ideal icos drop it from your line up you know its a heap

As gasman says send your Ideal back to the hole it crawled out of. Just search this forum for posts about it!

Do a search on here for the Ideal Icos/Isar and then see if you still want to have it fitted. You've got a chance to back out before it's too late!!

Hard to sat how diffiicult the install is without seeing it,depends on flue,gas supply etc.You have to run a waste pipe for condensate too,inside if possible.

I spent 8 years working for Ideals before starting up on my own. I earned a fortune when the Icos and Isar was launched. If anyone needs any info I can assist.

If you got the boiler second hand I would check it out 1st, theres normally a reason for taking them off the wall. Heat Exchanger? Pcb? Gas Valve? Or all of them lol.

Happy days

oh yes they are every week we get loads of people on here with a broken one worst boiler ever made

hello we have at the moment a knackered Apollo 30/50 boiler which i am hoping to replace with a recently purchased nearly new Ideal icos he18 regular boiler is it a straight forward swap or is there more to it i would appreciate your comments thanks
Get a gas safe registered engineer to look at it he will tell you if its a straight swop and will also leave you with a safe/part L registered installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
Thanks that definitely seems to be the...
Replies
Views
Yes, it looked like water had leaked on it...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Back