Changing from system to combi boiler with under floor pipework. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Changing from system to combi boiler with under floor pipework. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Wondering should i change a system boiler with a combi if I have underfloor pipes in a single storey 2 bed 90s bungalow There are only 9 bungalows in the close and I was told 2 of these had leaks in floor when they changed to a combi by a neighbor. He said as he was an engineer he would not advise the change as it was something to do with the different pressures the boilers operate on. What are the issues ? is it not advisable to use a combi for under floor piping. wouldn't I just need to suck out the underfloor pipes and cap them off and then run new pipework down the walls. I must admit I did have a burst water pipe in my previous house and that was a under floor network also with a combi boiler. It doesn't put me off though as I need the space downstairs as well as the loft space. Any advice on this subject would be much appreciated , cheers guys.

System boilers have a pressurised heating circuit like a combi so I doubt it's that. More likely those leaking combi installs were power or chemical flushed and that might've upset some already weak or poorly installed/insulated underground pipework.

Similar plumbing topics

Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Be aware that you’ll likely require a gas pipe...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Back