Changing gravity fed hot water pumped heating to vailaint ecotec pro 28 combi | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Changing gravity fed hot water pumped heating to vailaint ecotec pro 28 combi in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi everyone

would appreciate any ideas on the above system.

I have just passed my gas safe and my sister wants me to convert her system to the one above. (good place for me to practice)

is there anything I should look out for..... I have already warned her that sealing and open vent system may cause leaks.

also i'm changing her rads- would you powerflush withthe new rads on or change them once it is powerflushed. I normally change to new rad valves before flushing but this wouldn't make sense if i was then going to change the rads after.

thanks for your help.

If there is any pipe under solid floors don't convert it's asking for trouble. If the old system is still working chuck some cleaner in for a couple of weeks before you start of it's possibe. Disconnect the rad circuit and give it flush on it's own before the new boiler goes in to get rid of as much muck as possible then fit the new rads and boiler before giving another flush. Fit some sort of system filter because you will never get all of the muck out of the system.

I'd definatly avoid presurising a system with any pipework under a solid floor as Mike says, it may be ok, but if its not then you're in for loads of fun with a kango digging the floors up!

Do vailant still do an open vent combi? Failing that you can run the Intergas combis on a open vent system.

hi mike

there is no pipe work in the screed they all seem to be on drops....... still thinking seal it???

what cleaner would you chuck in for the two weeks

thanks to everyone for the advice

If its all on drops then nay problems should be easy(ish) to get to to repair, your already changing the rads, make sure you do the valves at the same time and you should be good to go.

Flushing, if the system is working now, as above, either x400 or f3 in for a few weeks before, then again on completion, I always fit a magnaclean for ongoing protection.

Similar plumbing topics

A
TRVs open? Any other valves been touched?
Replies
Views
  • Question
becasuse they have used the earth wires as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Whoever did the underfloor has totally shafted...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Rechecked, yes it does, many thanks Ric!!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thought I’d closed this myself. Must not have...
Replies
Views
Back