changing horizontal radiator for vertical | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss changing horizontal radiator for vertical in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Can anyone advise me on changing a horizontal radiator for 2 verticals. Do they have the same output?

In my experience fancy modern vertical radiators need to be significantly larger than their horizantal cousins. It’s easy really. 1. Choose the type you want look on the spec for its output in watts...a one bar electric fire gives out 1000watts per hour. 2. Measure your existing rad length and height and it’s type...single panel, single with fins, double with one set of fins, double with two sets of fins look up the output or ask on here and see if the outputs are same. Centralheatking

In my experience, if a Xkw panel rad with fins was heating the space adequately then you need a much higher output from the posh rad, it may have the potential to also output Xkw but without convectors and a large surface to radiate from it will never match the equivalent panel rad.
Last one I did I over did it by about 50% and the room now takes longer to heat and isn't as warm as it used to be.
It's behind me now in my dining room, looks lovely but it's pretty bobbins compared to a panel rad.

Similar plumbing topics

Vertical rads can be a bit hit and miss. I...
Replies
Views
You could chase the pipes in along the route...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To be clear, we only have one lounge and it...
Replies
Views
Back