Changing my crap heatline c28 boiler! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Changing my crap heatline c28 boiler! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mgbarrett

Hi, AM GOING TO CHANGE MY CRAPPY HEATLINE C28 BOILER, WHICH IS THE BEST BOILER TO BUY, MY FUNDS ARE £700-800. THATS THE FLUE AS WELL.

I doubt you'd get anything decent for that mate. And you won't get it supplied and fitted for that.

The cheapest I've ever done was £1000, for a landlord using a different crap boiler. You're gonna face the same problems as you are right now if you're too strict with budget.

Cheapest I've done is 1350 with a logic+. But she was lovely and had amazing eyes!

Main eco or Ideal esprit eco/Pro combi are good budget boilers but you still won't get them fitted for less than a £1000 I wouldn't think. I don't need to tell you Heatline are junk also steer well clear of Ferroli, Ariston, or almost anything italian if you want a boiler that will last more than a couple of years

I did pro combi 24, it was a bit of a favour to lady at estate agents to do it for a grand. System already had a filter and had been flushed previously

I did pro combi 24, it was a bit of a favour to lady at estate agents to do it for a grand. System already had a filter and had been flushed previously

Had any problems since? Seems like a decent enough little boiler at a cracking price fitted about 5 I think and had no issues yet

My local suppliers are clearing their final stock of Dimplex boilers very cheap, you could get one of them for that price!

Had any problems since? Seems like a decent enough little boiler at a cracking price fitted about 5 I think and had no issues yet

No, but I did have to go to one last night (dodgy install, not one of mine) that wouldn't fire. Electrode had gone

Beg or borrow the extra to have a quality boiler fitted. Cheapo boiler are far more expensive long term. I go to so many who tried to save money on the above mentioned boilers only to find parts are astronomically expensive. And believe me they always need parts replacing. It almost like they are meant to break down after 2 or 3 years!!

just priced up two heat exchangers 1 for a vokera at £230 or 1 for a ferrolli at £350 enough said really.

No, but I did have to go to one last night (dodgy install, not one of mine) that wouldn't fire. Electrode had gone

I'm sure i saw a post on here previously about a electrode fault on one of these. Maybe a pattern beginning.

I know the divertors give probs. Replaced guts and actuators in quite a few.

Hello mgbarrett. I tried searching for the best but affordable but couldn't find much. I think you need to increase your budget a bit and may be then you will get something that fits your needs and pocket. You can also get in touch with the local store owners. Maybe they have a clearance sale on the way that you could take benefits from. Also, don't worry about the budget else you will be putting the same question again in this forum for another heatline.

I've always thought that installation was more important than boiler.A top of range,expensive boiler fitted without flushing or inhibitor wont last as long as a cheap boiler thats fitted properly with a filter,etc.Make sure you pay for a good installer with references,aqnd the boiler should look after itself.

I've always thought that installation was more important than boiler.A top of range,expensive boiler fitted without flushing or inhibitor wont last as long as a cheap boiler thats fitted properly with a filter,etc.Make sure you pay for a good installer with references,aqnd the boiler should look after itself.

To a certain extent. You can only protect the moving/water carrying parts really. PCB'S, gas valves, electrodes etc will still go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
Have to do it someday and it make sense for...
Replies
Views
Tried calling the company that done the report...
Replies
Views
Back