Changing radiator for 2 verticals | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Changing radiator for 2 verticals in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,
I have a 6 ft x 2 ft double radiator in my 18ft x 13 ft lounge and want to change to 2 vertical radiators to gain space. My heating system is a Worcester Bosch greenstar 30i and I have 6 radiators in the house. My question is should I replace the one by working out the btu output and dividing by two or go by the room size btu divided by two?

room heat loss and divide by 1.7 ish

Hi all,
I have a 6 ft x 2 ft double radiator in my 18ft x 13 ft lounge and want to change to 2 vertical radiators to gain space. My heating system is a Worcester Bosch greenstar 30i and I have 6 radiators in the house. My question is should I replace the one by working out the btu output and dividing by two or go by the room size btu divided by two?
The modern vertical radiators are usually poor heat emitters. Obviously do your figures but do not be surprised if you end up with two expensive monsters Centralheatkinf

Similar plumbing topics

W
Thanks so much for your responses. Always good...
Replies
Views
Wes Moore
W
Yes I’d do that too, just shut the radiator...
Replies
Views
S
No point in doing anything with the radiators...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back