Changing Radiator using microbore pipes | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Changing Radiator using microbore pipes in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all - new to the forum
I have attached a couple of pictures.
I need / want to replace the radiator as it's old and rusted as can be seen. ALSO I really want to replace the awful valves each end for new shiny chrome style units.
Im 100% happy with the draining / refilling / inhibiting of the system which has a Worcester Bosch combi-boiler.

What I need to understand is the removal of the valves shows that there are 10mm reducer adaptors inside the valve. These are not olives, but do they replace the olive or are they in addition to it.

How do I remove these adaptors attached to the 10mm pipe.
Are the sizes of any similar adapters supplied in a new valve of a consistent size (ie will they def fit) as I really don't want to be moving pipe positions.

Also as these are Imperial measurement radiators, i'll need to buy a replacement which is metric, and therefore one thats is slightly smaller. What are the extender items called that make up for this slight size decrease between the valves? And lastly are replacement radiators ALWAYS listed Width x Height or Height x Width?
If anyone has any links to videos that cover this specific issues or removing the adapters inside the valves in microbore piped systems, that would be great to see.
Cheers in advance
Peter

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0968.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 27
I would see if you could get the valves in direct 10mm replacement else you might need to lower the rad or solder some more tube in

your existing valves don’t use adapters

as for replacement as your draining down might be an ideal time to alter the pipe work if your skills allow this

As for rads depends on the site / places your looking at but normally height first then width but this May be different depending on where you

Similar plumbing topics

Many thanks for your response.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Use chrome covers if you like, but changing a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry, my post should have read "... of the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As oz plumber said, photo wouldn’t help us a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
C
  • Question
Or just come through in 15mm Use a jg...
Replies
Views
Back