Changing radiator valves on microbore pipework. | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Changing radiator valves on microbore pipework. in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Is changing radiator valves on micro bore pipe a tricky processes with them being prone to leaking after? I no changing them on 15mm pipe is easy, cutting off the old olive etc. Any tips for changing them on micro bore pipework?

So do you usually leave the olive on if micro bore? I'm swapping some old valves for trvs. At moment the radiators don't have trv's on. Guessing this doesn't class as like for like?

We use the bulldog ones day in day out. They do 8 and 10. The 15 to 8 reducers are awful!

Jet blue on joints. Make sure joints and cuts are square and a good fit. I would only recommend tight fits to a seasoned pro! !

Always replace the olives because on 10mm soft copper most times pipe has been crushed through over tightening but as some one said earlier be prepared to solder new lengths of pipe in when pipe is badly deformed

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You won’t remove it easily looks like an...
Replies
Views
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
Back