Changing radiator with new valves and reducers | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Changing radiator with new valves and reducers in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,I am looking for some advice,I am doing a bathroom refurbish for my daughter,I have to change the existing radiator for a newer type,my problem is as the lives in a ground floor flat,I do not have access to any loft header tank.I am surmising it is a gravity fed system,it is not a combi system,and the boiler is old.would I be correct in turning off all radiator valves ,that way any water loss is only what's in pipe from bathroom to next radiator,is this feasable ? also as I am fitting new chrome valves could i use 15mm chrome pipe with the reducers below floor surface?the pipework is microphone,any answers would be appreciated,cheers

Yes don’t sing into the pipework, might make it leak 😂😂😂
the pipework is microphone
Seriously though, post a photo of the boiler, it could be a sealed system type. If it’s a loft type, you’ll get all above water draining our I’d expect, unless there’s any isolation valves?

With a flat you need to double-check what the position re alterations is in the lease and/or freeholder and/or management company before starting work. If it is a gravity system you should be able to gain access to the header tank, which may be in the roof, but you may need to ask the freeholder for access.

If should, of course, be possible to access all the stopcocks needed to isolate the flat in an emergency. If the owner is not clear where these stopcocks are and/or what they do then you should investigate and document your findings for the owner as part of the refurb.

Similar plumbing topics

It looks like a bog standard, at the moment it...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
The temperature you need for the UFH will be...
Replies
Views
You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
Thanks for letting us know.
Replies
Views
Back