Changing temp senser on Ferroli boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Changing temp senser on Ferroli boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Curlyworld

Hello

I need to change a temperature senser on a Ferroli F30 boiler for the domestic hot water, which is coming out far too hot at the taps despite being turned to zero on the boiler. Has anyone done one of these? How easy would it be for a novice to do?

Many thanks

Curly

simple job curly, just follow your instructions.

remember you need to be gas safe registered for this one!

shaun

Oh I see. So the gas would need to be fiddled with? I thought it would be a matter of draining down the boiler replacing the part and reconnecting water supply without touching the gas. That rules out doing it myself then. Any idea how much a Gas Safe bloke/blokess would charge for changing it?

Thanks for the advice

Curly

Hi! Curly

First off if it involves removing the combustion chamber cover its classed as part of the gas train. If its your own boiler you can open it if your classed as a competent person to do so.
The responsibility is yours.
Who is a competent person?
Never been tested in court.

Certainly if you where repairing the boiler for money, you would have to be GaSafe registered.

I don't know for certain though, but I don't think the Ferroli F30 domestic hot water sensor involves opening the combustion chamber.

However you would have to know how to conduct basic safety electrical tests to ensure its safe.

Outside of that it seems simple enough, just a spade connector off and a new one on.

But as I say you have got to be classed as competent to do the work.

Its to avoid unskilled people making a boiler dangerous.

I managed to find the manual for the boiler on the internet. Fairly simple proceedure carried out by my mate, who is a fully qualified lorry driver, so no worries. The thing is, it hasn't solved the problem. Does anyone have any ideas of what to try next?

Thanks

Curly

well if hes a fully qualified lorry driver he would no what to do next surely? :cool:

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder the gas industry is falling from under our feet!

A fully qualified lorry driver is carrying out gas works!

we pay thousands of pounds on poxy courses and insurances every year, that comment makes me boil!

I managed to find the manual for the boiler on the internet. Fairly simple proceedure carried out by my mate, who is a fully qualified lorry driver, so no worries. The thing is, it hasn't solved the problem. Does anyone have any ideas of what to try next?

Thanks

Curly
yes call a rgi and using a fully qualified lorry driver ffs
its time gas parts were only sold to rgi and regulation of this industry was enforced properley
gas engineers are the only body regulated by law and made to prove competence every 5 years and yet clearly a friggin lorry driver (one week course)i know because i have class 2 is now competent to work on a boiler

this is a very good forum for ideas but maybe sometimes the advise given should be call someone who is trained in the task

Last edited by a moderator:
yes call a rgi and using a fully qualified lorry driver ffs
yet clearly a friggin lorry driver (one week course)i know because i have class 2
I have a class 1 :rolleyes:That makes me a fully qualified Lorry Driver.But as a RGI I'm qualified to do it in that sense also:cool:

Im a trained lifeguard, so does this mean i can now fly jumbojets or maybe
even perform brain surgery as there is first aid training invloved ya know!

Ps - im thinking of offering a gynacological exam to all tasty female
customers, do you think the City and Guilds qualifies me for this?

Hmm!

I prefer to tell them what is involved, because they may do it anyway and so knowing the rudiments of doing a job is perhaps safer than them still doing it and knowing nothing.

Would you rather know their was a mad gunman around the corner shooting at people before you went or go around and risk being shot?

The thing is, if they lived next door to you and did their own gas work, which would you prefer doing it, a guy with a little knowledge or one with none?

After all, if people know they need a GaSafe engineer and still want to do it, who is going to stop them, if people don't know they are doing it?

but the bit about he is a trained lorry driver i for the life of me couldnt get the link between a boiler engineer and a lorry driver
case a lorry driver not competent
case b owner not competent even with advice
so really same result people who havnt got a clue working on the boiler

The problem is people think Plumbing is easy. Simply because plenty of adverts tell them it is. Even the government virtually said "Go work as a Plumber and make £30,000 a year!" just like that.

But its not a new problem the JIB at one time was going to get all Plumbers called Plumbing Mechanical Services Engineers to try and dispel the idea that Plumbing is easy.

The huge DIY industry helped as well, they wanted everybody to buy their products so they made it look easy to fit them. Lets be frank you can name say B and Q as a big DIY company but how many Plumbing companies as big as B and Q can you name?

So we ain't got anybody telling the public the way it is and all they think Plumbing involves is clearing blocked sinks and toilets plus a bit of advanced tap washer changing.

We might moan about lorry drivers doing Plumbing jobs, but who has told them its not so easy to do as they might think?

And incidentally when you do tell people some of the intricacy involved can you be sure they don't think your trying to put up your prices?

What we could do with is a few good Plumbing programs on the telly. Instead of the ones about rip off merchants or drain cleaning gangs. Show them what is involved in the close detail of designing and installing a reasonably sized CH system for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
B
To expand slightly on @John.g's answer, many...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Back