Changing this shower with breaking any tiles | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Changing this shower with breaking any tiles in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
And fitting one that can cover the grouted in areas cut around the valve (the old one had a chrome cover-plate, not pictured. it is an ideal standard)

Solid wall but access to pipes coming through from cupboard on other side.

Gravity feeds and centres I measured to be 130-135mm

Any ideas or best way to tackle (you can see it's pretty well grouted in and neatly tiled round) and what would make a good replacement?

Thanks

Screenshot_20200219-191708[1].png
Screenshot_20200219-191733[1].png

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mira-...athrooms-_-miraexcelshowers&_requestid=617096

Upvote 0
Cheers for the recommendation Shaun. How would you go about removing / replacing without damaging the tiles? Looking at it I just don't feel certain no damage could be guaranteed which is want they want.

Upvote 0
I don't think you can guarantee no damage either. I would not want this job unless they agreed to "I'll do my best and if something breaks we'll have to find a solution to cover the repair." and discuss what that might look like.

It looks kind of like a 50/50 chance of pulling it off so I could never give a guarantee on such a job. I would use a multitool with an appropriately shaped carbide grout bit to get most of it out.

Upvote 0
Cheers for the recommendation Shaun. How would you go about removing / replacing without damaging the tiles? Looking at it I just don't feel certain no damage could be guaranteed which is want they want.

it’s a risk with anything but I would go round with a blade and break from the shower to the grout undo the nuts and screws should come out

Upvote 0
I wouldn’t touch it if they are insistent on no damage.
I think you would have to remove the old shower and some tile.
Extend the pipes.
Get a matching tile or something contrasting to cover the hole.
Fit a new shower.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't touch it on that basis. I'd be asking them to get spare tiles. At best drill series of holes around connections but chances are the tile will crack when cleaning of the remaining nibs and/or pipe damage

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

R
  • Question
Have you tried sealing around the 3 edges with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Should work. It's not on the floor, but at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Update : bought a McAlpine ST90CP10-V vertical...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks, yes I think I will try the...
Replies
Views
Back