Cheapest place for a Main boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cheapest place for a Main boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Izzycam

Thanks for all the help given in deciding which new boiler company to go with for my property development business.
I have decided on the Main 25 combi, and would be interested to learn where the cheapest price to buy about 5 of these would be. Thanks

Where are you from? Just try your nearest independant retailler as they don't supply to the bigger companies. We are paying £528.00 for boiler, flue and clock excluding vat from AMS Southport.

Might be better off with a potterton gold if your renting the properties out mate, 5 year guarantee and its boiler flue and clock for £600 from any potterton gold stockist. Made by the group who make Main boilers to be fair.

I'm based in Wales, could I ask you what model your getting for £600 potter ton.
Also the cheapest I've come up with so far is around ££675, maybe that's because it needs to be A rated.

Would £600 be correct for a potter ton/ main combi boiler A rated, this sounds cheap to me.Where from and what model please.

Yes sorry mate excluding VAT, its the 24he which is band A rated.

I get mine from a company called TAPS up here in the north east, although a quick google search pulled up these chaps who are beating that price but for the sake of being able to pick mine up from round the corner ill stick to paying an extra £40.

Potterton Gold 24 HE Condensing Combi Boiler £551 + Vat

well, thank you anyway for your advice, much appreciated, just wish I could still fit the B band, I'd be a lot better off, money wise.

Get some prices from local heating guys , you are only buying 5 boilers they will be buying many more and may have better prices

Just to conclude the thread, I have decided on the Main 25 eco combi, after much deliberation and advice from this forum.
Will be fitting them in all my properties from now on, so astalavista and good ridance "Ferroli" Ha! Ha!
Have managed to get them at £638 including flu, timer and filling loop and vat, so I'm very pleased.
Thanks for all your help guys.

Very wise choice! Any problems give your local main rep a ring first, they'll look after you.

Thanks for all the help given in deciding which new boiler company to go with for my property development business.
I have decided on the Main 25 combi, and would be interested to learn where the cheapest price to buy about 5 of these would be. Thanks

Probably the nearest skip at the rear of a dealer. Wasting your money on a vital part of any property. Anyone looking to buy property will be looking at that kind of thing and having a well known manufaturer in there with good controls will show you haven't scrimped. If I saw that I'd look a bit closer at the rest of the place.

Just to conclude the thread, I have decided on the Main 25 eco combi, after much deliberation and advice from this forum.
Will be fitting them in all my properties from now on, so astalavista and good ridance "Ferroli" Ha! Ha!
Have managed to get them at £638 including flu, timer and filling loop and vat, so I'm very pleased.
Thanks for all your help guys.

have you thought about getting some quotes for install from the guys on this forum who cover your area as a return favour?.

I have someone to fit my boilers at the moment, but if for some reason he decides to pack it all in I will without doubt come on here and ask the people who have helped me with this issue.
I am extremely grateful and have emailed the fact that if I can help with any other queries about rentals (not that I'm the queen bee of knowledge) that I will be more than willing to help. Thanks guys

To tackleburger, thats a silly comment, so you won't try a new company no matter the quality?
Main are fast establishing a great reputation and are the first choice for most reputable engineers around here as there aftersales and value for money is second to none.
Main have been going for around 100 years, never heard of the Main Medway water heaters?Also they are made in the UK, backed by probably the biggest breakdown team beign part of the Baxi group which also means their parts are the highest quality and still some of the cheapest around.
I've fitted a Main in 2 of my sisters houses and would fit one in my own. I believe any boiler from the Baxi group (Baxi, Potterton, Main) are better than Worcesters or Vaillants which cost more, are not as reliable and 2 or 3 times as expensive to fix, with reps that half the time don't even care.

baxis,mains and pottertons are getting a strong following on here the duotec being the boiler of choice they are all under the same name BAXI the new 105 is a main 30 eco ,do not mock what you dont know,after all BAXI have been around as long as anyone perhaps even as long as ideal(one of the first people,wiki it,does not excuse the isar,icos my axe killing them i digress)ditto potterton,main as said built there name on water heaters in fact the water heater now all main boilers are a remaha heat exchanger with baxi controls were as the duotec more expensive,similer hydrolics but a stainless heat exchanger so costs more and as said Superior compared to a valiant or worcester

To tackleburger, thats a silly comment, so you won't try a new company no matter the quality?
Main are fast establishing a great reputation and are the first choice for most reputable engineers around here as there aftersales and value for money is second to none.
Main have been going for around 100 years, never heard of the Main Medway water heaters?Also they are made in the UK, backed by probably the biggest breakdown team beign part of the Baxi group which also means their parts are the highest quality and still some of the cheapest around.
I've fitted a Main in 2 of my sisters houses and would fit one in my own. I believe any boiler from the Baxi group (Baxi, Potterton, Main) are better than Worcesters or Vaillants which cost more, are not as reliable and 2 or 3 times as expensive to fix, with reps that half the time don't even care.

Ok bit tongue in cheek I suppose I may well fit one for a cheap job. To be totally honest, in my view having only looked at a picture on their site and having had some indifferent experiences fixing the band Bs including replacing a secondary heat exchanger. I am not a fan of silca aluminium heat exchangers. The boiler is larger and significantly heavier than my usual Vaillants despite their claim "lightweight materials to make life easier for you – and your customers." come on. By the looks of it more of a guddle inside if you looked at them side by side with the case open you would see the difference. Time will tell and each to his own. How is the expansion vessel connected in those boilers? I see they apparantly haven't yet managed a weather compensator yet despite their 75 years experience. Let's face it it's a budget boiler probably do the job but it's not going to outlast a Vaillant and will cost more in the long run.

As for Worcesters I wouldn't have one either.

Ok bit tongue in cheek I suppose I may well fit one for a cheap job. To be totally honest, in my view having only looked at a picture on their site and having had some indifferent experiences fixing the band Bs including replacing a secondary heat exchanger. I am not a fan of silca aluminium heat exchangers. The boiler is larger and significantly heavier than my usual Vaillants despite their claim "lightweight materials to make life easier for you – and your customers." come on. By the looks of it more of a guddle inside if you looked at them side by side with the case open you would see the difference. Time will tell and each to his own. How is the expansion vessel connected in those boilers? I see they apparantly haven't yet managed a weather compensator yet despite their 75 years experience. Let's face it it's a budget boiler probably do the job but it's not going to outlast a Vaillant and will cost more in the long run.

probably your right but if you have had a recuperater fail in a band b its always down to corrosion or sentinel feroquest in the system under normal circumstances they dont fail,as for weather comp,n/a on a budget boiler,and if your fitting a valiant we are looking at a duotec,dont get me wrong i like the design of the valiant loads of room but the duotec is better,and so is customer service,but i do strongly agree stainless stel is better than aluminium silicate the trouble is both the valiant and duotec have this but it bumps the cost up the lads that fit the main are finding it reliable,a big step up from a ferroli or heatline so a boom for the rentals,cheap to buy in,reliable, reasonable parts win win really ,ev is round the back on the main,in the combustion box on the duotec

probably your right but if you have had a recuperater fail in a band b its always down to corrosion or sentinel feroquest in the system under normal circumstances they dont fail,as for weather comp,n/a on a budget boiler,and if your fitting a valiant we are looking at a duotec,dont get me wrong i like the design of the valiant loads of room but the duotec is better,and so is customer service,but i do strongly agree stainless stel is better than aluminium silicate the trouble is both the valiant and duotec have this but it bumps the cost up the lads that fit the main are finding it reliable,a big step up from a ferroli or heatline so a boom for the rentals,cheap to buy in,reliable, reasonable parts win win really ,ev is round the back on the main,in the combustion box on the duotec

Not sure about which is better or the service bit gasman you should get in with Vaillant advance. Anyway I'll bear these in mind as you are very correct, for the landlords that don't want to spend a lot these may be just the ticket. I fitted the odd betacom in the past for a cheap job usually for landlords or people who were selling on. I am lucky I don't do many Landlords and those I do work for are keen to maintain properties really well and in turn get a premium from discerning tennants. There is a market for everything I guess.

You CAN fit a band B boiler. Read the articles in Gas Installer the regs have changed. I have just has Gas Safe inspection and we had a good chat about that very subject. Question .Why are Mains making Band B boiler ? Answer because the rules have changed recently...........check it ouit.

You CAN fit a band B boiler. Read the articles in Gas Installer the regs have changed. I have just has Gas Safe inspection and we had a good chat about that very subject. Question .Why are Mains making Band B boiler ? Answer because the rules have changed recently...........check it ouit.

gas safe version or corgi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I took @Chuck to mean: A reputable...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
A
Living in the country, then why not oil...
Replies
Views
Back