Choosing an ideal boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Choosing an ideal boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Renovating an old rural cottage out in middle of SW England. Excellent gas fitter working for me. Property will be sold or rented at some point in the near future.

Looking for a small modest combi.

Gas fitters all have their favourites it seems maybe bad experiences with some or knowledge to fix others. Perhaps incentives to fit certain makes/models. 😛

We decided he would fit something modest and settle on an Ideal despite reservations from others in the trade.

I decided to do some research. A certain well known supplier advertise an Ideal Atlantic. Is this a model name specific to the supplier in question.

Said supplier also offer an Ideal logic. I cannot figure out if there are any real differences apart from the price.

Any thoughts or comments. I did attempt to speak to Ideal. Let me say that the response was less than helpful . I beginning to understand why some folk are not keen on said company.

Last edited:
Re branded ideal esprit eco 2

ideal logic if you can but the esprit isn’t a bad boiler depending on your budget

if it’s sold put an esprit / Atlantic in

if your renting install a max or baxi 800 series

As the guys have said a logic max would the better choice , each merchant has their own branded version of the Atlantic ( classic 2 ) it is the budget version quite a bit of plastic in the hydroblock sure I have a picture of one I did somewhere . Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20200422_121119.jpg
    IMG_20200422_121119.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200422_133707.jpg
    IMG_20200422_133707.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20200421_173634.jpg
    IMG_20200421_173634.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 26
As the guys have said a logic max would the better choice , each merchant has their own branded version of the Atlantic ( classic 2 ) it is the budget version quite a bit of plastic in the hydroblock sure I have a picture of one I did somewhere . Kop
How do you make boilers with a built in time clock boiler plus?

Similar plumbing topics

Like I said, really can't comment on the Blue...
Replies
Views
T
yep as gasman says baxi/potterton all day long...
Replies
Views
sparra1100
S
Back