Christmas combi boiler woe! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Christmas combi boiler woe! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TDavies

I've returned to the house today to find the pressure has fallen low enough to cut the boiler out (0.5 bar) - I've tried increasing the pressure but failed miserably
P1000934.jpg
This is how the relief valve looks, I'm assuming the two blue ones are 'closed' as that's how I found them (the boiler is new and this is the first time I've come to do this with the new boiler). I'm assuming I open both the blue valves and gently release the tow black ones? When I do this exactly nothing happens. Can I undo the black valves *too* far? or shal I just keep going (don't want to flood the house).

Please help if you can!

ferroli optimax, had a couple of these where the double check valve on the builtin filling loop, that you have pictured, has seized closed for some unknown reason.
had to replace them in both cases and then worked fine. blue valves inline, as pictured are open to repressurise system ( 90degs to pipe closed for isolation) open both black knobs to repressurise. if not working you probably have the problem previously described. so sorry but you need to call your installer back.

Last edited by a moderator:
leave blue valves they are in the position in picture ,this is open for boiler operation and should be left this way

Open one black valve knob,same way as you are opening a basin tap then open the other,you will see gauge rise on boiler ,when at 1.5bar close both black valve knobs ,same way you would close a basin tap

The valves as shown" in the picture" are open turn both those black wheels anti clockwise to let the pressure increase btw looking at the dial in the right hand corner the pressure is at 0.7 bar i would have thoughtr that was enough to let your Ferroli run? but as I dont fit them or never would lol! I dont know.

Edit posted same time as Puddle.

I've opened both black valves 8 full turns and no change. The mains is running (i.e. not frozen).

I've opened both black valves 8 full turns and no change. The mains is running (i.e. not frozen).
Well it could be what hihowudoin has sugested or just because water is coming out of the kitchen tap doesnt meen that the cw pipe to the boiler isnt frozen.

True, I'll wait until morning and have another look. - Thanks for suggestions guys.

ive never worked on one of them boilers before but just a quick point too note, are you sure your main has enough pressure to get the boiler up too 1.2 bar ish. reason being ive seen on a couple of occasions biolers installed where there is very low cold main pressure and the heating systems have had to get pumped up manually. altho, saying that seven trent do have a legal obligation to provide you with at least 1 bar of pressure i do beleive so it shouldnt be an issue. just a quick thought. good luck getting it sorted

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Bypass issue? I would certainly call Veissmann...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
Back