Chuffing Baxi Solo 2 Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Chuffing Baxi Solo 2 Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

200thhorseman

Evening all,
I have recently been having some trouble with my Baxi Solo 2 50 PF boiler. I have cover for it through Scottish Power and eventually after numerous visits by their engineers and a new fan, PCB, pressure switch and gas valve the problem was solved.

The boiler is now working well except for one odd issue. Approximately 5 mins after the boiler switches off (i.e. after the timer has switched it off) it suddenly makes quite a loud chuffing noise. It just doesn't chuff continuously, it only does it the once - 'chuff'. To me it sounds like a sudden release of pressure, maybe air. I cannot smell any gas so I am assuming it is not that.

The noise is similar to when the main gas burner ignites, but is quite a bit louder (we can hear it from upstairs). I wondered if it might be that the new gas valve was faulty and wasn't closing properly allowing the flame to continue burning until eventually it extinguishes with a pop, however I cannot see any flames through the little window when the burner has switched off.

Could it be that as the boiler cools down there is a faulty gasket or something that is allowing air to pass somewhere (releasing a vacuum or something)?

Any ideas would be appreciated. I could phone Scottish Power yet again however I think this issue would be difficult to diagnose because it would be difficult to replicate when the engineer is here.

Best regards,

Rob

could be the pump spinning briefly to disperse heat in boiler and auto air going off.

Hi there,

The pump overruns by about 8 mins to dispel the heat in the boiler. There's usually a click from the PCB (I'm guessing a relay or something) and the pump turns off.

What do you mean by auto air?

Thanks for your response by the way.

Rob

Automatic air vent releases air in system. Wouldnt say it sounds like chuffing but it does make some noise. More like pssss,pssss LOL

Just re-read your post, ,,,, dont think you have aav on boiler

Could it be heat exchanger cooling down and leaking. Thats more like a chuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
H
Photos/link do not work. Have you caught...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, i have a Baxi solo boiler which is...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
Back