Cistern connection issue. | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cistern connection issue. in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Can anyone advise me on a possible flexible connection between a water inlet pipe and a cistern? I have posted images of a 150 mm long flexible pipe, the shortest I could find, and the existing pipework disconnected from a cistern. The pipe to the cistern will not reconnect properly and flexibility is needed but the amount of copper pipe available to cut and attach a 150 mm long flexible pipe, including an isolation valve, is short.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Plumbing - 06 03 23.jpg
    Plumbing - 06 03 23.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Plumbing  1- 06 03 23.jpg
    Plumbing 1- 06 03 23.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 34
It doesn’t look short, are you sure there’s no “play” in the pipe to connect via that service valve?
Thanks. Are you talking about play in the copper pipe? There is some play in the copper pipe but it isn't actually vertical and I was concerned that even though it might be possible to connect to the cistern, the plastic thread might be stripped on tightening up.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Get a roofer to replace a ridge tile and you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks everyone. I seem to remember coming...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ben-gee All is fine now. Thanks for your kind...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply. I will look for a...
Replies
Views
Back