Cistern flush pipe connector | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cistern flush pipe connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DG55

I've got a concealed cistern fitted in a really tight space, and there is a small leak in some of the pipe work underneath (unrelated to the cistern). I want to temporarily remove the cistern to gain access to the pipes below, but have no idea how the cistern is attached to the flush pipe below.

The alternative is to take apart all of the enclosure which is defiantly not attractive.

From what I can feel underneath the cistern, there doesn't seem to be any sort of bolt and threaded part of the pipe, rather just the pipe seems to go into a sort of 'cup' or smooth bulge type shape right before it goes into the cistern.

The flush mechanism is a standard modern two flush type.

Hoping it's some sort of push fit attachment which I can simply pull apart.

Any ideas what I am up against?

Any ideas what I am up against?

Yes....
Most probably a very unpleasant experience.

It depends on what cistern you have, the cistern fixings and the cistern connections.
They were not made to be removed and therefor are very difficult to remove.

Mark the outline of the pan against the wall, remove the pan, and cut a hole in the wall on the inside of the pan markings. If that doesn't gain you enough access, cut the wall open.

the smooth part you can feel is threaded like a normal nut but smooth, when you undo it there will be another one securing the flush valve to the cistern.

the smooth part you can feel is threaded like a normal nut but smooth, when you undo it there will be another one securing the flush valve to the cistern.

That would make sense. Here is a picture if it helps, really awkward to get a camera down there.

s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00700031301247156729

So that round smooth bit, in theory i can just untighten that by hand?

yes the smooth bit is just a nut that you undo

Sounds promising, thanks for the help guys. So in theory here is what i hope to do:

- Undo cistern water inlet
- Undo this 'smooth nut' on the bottom of the cistern
- Undo the cistern bracket from the wall

Then I would hope to simply pull the cistern up and out of the housing, I assume theres nthing wrong with the flush mechanism staying inside - no reason to unscrew that?

Does that sound feasible or am i missing something?

don't forget to isolate the water otherwise sounds good to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks for the replies. It took a lot of...
Replies
Views
I would call it installer error. Maybe from...
Replies
Views
All - thanks for great input. I’m going belt...
Replies
Views
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Scotland dude we dont pay for water like the...
Replies
Views
Back