Cistern overflows to pan when the shower is running. | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cistern overflows to pan when the shower is running. in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

The toilet cistern overflows into the pan when the shower on the floor below is running. Why would this be?
They say the shower seems low on pressure recently. Again why would this be and what is the connection between the problems if there is one?

The toilet cistern overflows into the pan when the shower on the floor below is running. Why would this be?
They say the shower seems low on pressure recently. Again why would this be and what is the connection between the problems if there is one?

Interesting symptoms. Is the shower pumped? Is is a vented or unvented hot water system?

If it's just a mains-fed shower, my guess is that the toilet's float valve is borderline not sealing correctly due to low supply pressure. Running the shower reduces the pressure in the feed.

Make sure your stopcock is properly open (fully open and then close half a turn). Look for evidence of leaks (water meter turning when not water is being used). Attach a pressure gauge to a tap and check the pressure is normal for the area. Ask the neighbours if they have noticed reduced water pressure.

Upvote 0
Seen that happening with an old Fluidmaster valve that started to constantly while the basin tap was opened.
It is a reduction of pressure and new valve is what I did

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Conclusion: I stuck a strip of painting tape...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looks like something cast in the bath for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun. I didn't want to force it round...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Would suggest you get another plumber as that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you. Worked a treat,
Replies
Views
Back