Clay/Salt Glaze Soil Pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Clay/Salt Glaze Soil Pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ambert

This is my first post on this site.

I've removed a WC from the downstairs cloakroom, the soil pipe is made of clay or salt glaze with the collar sticking out of the concrete floor. What is the best way of connecting the new WC to this soil pipe? I tried a standard multikwik which seemed to fit pretty snug, but was wondering if the collar has to be refilled with cement or is it ok to leave it open?

All suggestions will be gratefully received.

This isn't you? Link Removed

Edit: Forget that, thought it was a thread from here. Delete this post if you like.

Last edited:
No not guilty. I'm new to all this threading business.:bucktooth:

multiquick is fine, if you dont like the collar showing out with an angle grinder first, but careful as you go.

I guess the danger is cracking the soil pipe, then I'm in the poopy stuff!!!!!!!!!
Think I'll leave well alone as it's going to be enclosed in a concealed cistern cabinet.:toilet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
G
Need to remove the boxing could be a bad boss...
Replies
Views
Don't rely on pipe clips. You need solid...
Replies
Views
D
Personally, I would coordinate with the other...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Back