Cleaning boiler heat exchanger - a handy hint | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cleaning boiler heat exchanger - a handy hint in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ian B

I have a good set of brushes and cleaning tools for boiler heat exchangers but recently came across one where none was small enough to get into the space.

To the rescue, a 5mm cable tie. The serrations help to get deposit off the fins, and the plastic is too soft to damage anything.

Job done.

Cheers for that, I have a large selection of "tools" for this but had not thought of cable ties. My wife does get a bit worried when I find something in "Poundland" or similar that would be just the thing for those tricky exchangers.

Perfect !

Junior hacksaw balade with one of the nibbly bits cut off and a few wraps of insulating tape on the other end to act as a handle...Slips lovely up a suprimas crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

What exactly do you mean by it wasn't...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
It’s the first to clog due to the small...
Replies
Views
I have done it before with a standard 28mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Problem found, it was a blockage... mostly in...
Replies
Views
Back