Cleaning or New cold water tank - London NW3 | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cleaning or New cold water tank - London NW3 in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

K

Karine

Hi, I was just wondering if someone could assist us. We leave in a flat in London NW3 and we have a cold water tank under our roof ( approx 1m wide, 60cm high and 60cm deep) . The tank clearly needs cleaning, lid placed on top (it currently does not have any lid) and water tested or, alternatively, tank fully replaced. I am trying to find someone who could assist us and let me know which decision would be the best in our case. Would anyone be happy to help us cleaning/ or replacing our water tank? the only quotes I received seemed tremendous ( way above what we expected i.e. cleaning + lid + water tested 390+VAT, new tank 590+VAT), but it may be a normal price for this type of service?
Thanks karine

Go get wet vac from Wickes, turn off mains, open bath taps, wait for water to drain, use wet vac to get rid of the rest, give it a good clean and open stap tap, simples. £390+vat seems steep as I usually do new tank for that but then I am in bucks not london, so may be about right!!

i can come give you a quote for a new tank will be less than the quotes youve had assuming theres a hatch big enough to get the tank in
problem with cleaning is its often difficult to get the correct lid for the existing tank we used to put ply lids on but to meet regs now it has to be close fitting

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Problem then is heat loss & condensation in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes potentially your existing pipework could...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To be fair, in my own house, I'd probably be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No to put too fine a point on this, but would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I figured I should let you guys know in case...
Replies
Views
Back