Clerk of Works | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Clerk of Works in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

B

Bernie2

In the old days we had individual trade clerk of works crawling all over your jobs. Any bad stuff and out it came. It was always best to see the clerk if you were unsure and do it the way he or she wanted, it saved ripping things out. But somebody was telling me that somebody they knew who had been a clerk that the clerks company had been forced to hire a couple of security guards to go around with them. EEEK !!!! Is the work that bad!!!!!! :shocked3:

Didn't a clerk of works get shot dead on live television a few years back for telling some old boy that his new house was not up to regulations and would have to be demolished.

Didn't a clerk of works get shot dead on live television a few years back for telling some old boy that his new house was not up to regulations and would have to be demolished.

I think that's taking Reality TV a step too far!

Was it one of those Ant and Dec jobs?

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-13765738[/video]

Took a while but finally found this link.
dont worry it does not show anybody getting shot, just the back story

Last edited:
Must have flipped I suppose. Didn't get him anywhere though - apart from the fact that Her Majesty found him somewhere to live!

Probably builds houses out of matchsticks these days.

Clerk of works could always be a pita but as you say Bernie, get to know them straight away, get a bit of dialogue going and work to their way of thinking saved a lot of extra work and grief. We all know they were not always correct and at times knocked perfectly acceptable work but without a huge time consuming costly argument it was generally better to keep on their good side and do it as they wanted.
The standard of work on some of the big jobs these days is really shocking tho and it is all down to money.

I was a Clerk of Works many moons ago while working for BT, running multi million pound job refurbishing and rebuilding telephone exchanges. I always made sure I spoke to the guys on site properly. I stood up for them in meetings where things were beyond their control but let them know if something wasn't done right or to the quality expected. But even then I spoke with respect.

I never had any problems and always brought projects in on time.

I was a Clerk of Works many moons ago while working for BT, running multi million pound job refurbishing and rebuilding telephone exchanges. I always made sure I spoke to the guys on site properly. I stood up for them in meetings where things were beyond their control but let them know if something wasn't done right or to the quality expected. But even then I spoke with respect.

I never had any problems and always brought projects in on time.

And now your a plumber what went wrong croppie lol

Cost me a fortune in indigestion tablets. My drinking gotworse and I went from a happy drunk to a nasty one. Still, on the upside it broke my first marriage up so it weren't all bad!

Similar plumbing topics

Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok mate I found your page on Facebook I will...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
Back