Cloakroom basin waste into WC soil pipe ! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cloakroom basin waste into WC soil pipe ! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a basin a toilet to install into a large old cupboard that now houses the boiler. The soil pipe has been installed (see pic) but I'm not sure how I'm going to connect the toilet and basin.
The toilet is going in the middle of the back wall to the left of the soil pipe (see pic) and the basin will go somewhere along the right wall. I'm obviously going to have to cut the soil pipe down
but not sure how I'm going to connect the basin waste !

Any suggestions would be much apprciated. Thank you.

M&DCloakroom.JPG

ideally the soil pipe that has been left should be at ground level with a socket, but groundworkers/builders are stupid. you would be best to fit a stubb stack. you will need a branch, access pipe with boss on the side,11/4 boss adaptor, a dergo valve, 2x 110mm clips and 3m length of soil 110mm pipe.

you will also need a bent pan connector, some waste pipe and fittings.

the branch at the bottom, then the access pipe with the 11/4 bossed into the side of it. box it in, fit access panel for access pipe and dergo valve. If you use an air vent for the access panels then no additional ventilation will be needed for the dergo.

tho looking at the picture you may not have room for the stubb stack.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post AWheating. I went to look at the job when the groundworker was there and he showed me what he was going to do. He put a socket in the position the soil pipe is now and said "would this be ok" to which I replied "yes, that would be perfect". Then I go back today and that's what I've been left with ! My guess is that he didn't bother to find out the heaight of the finished floor and just took the easiest option.

I'm not sure that the customer will be happy with a stubb stack (even if it will fit), are there any other options ?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Ideally the builder should have had the waste pipe behind the toilet so you could have got it with an angled pan connector with a 32mm boss on it to pick up the basin waste. But because he was prob too lazy to get it in the right spot, AW's suggestion would be the way I'd be going. If you're lucky you'll find a 2m length of 110mm.

you could pipe the toilet straight to the drain aslong as the underground pipework is suitable for this and drop the basin waste into the back of the pan connector, if you did this you would want to fit aav on basin waste or hepvo valve. its always better to dergo or vent the drain imo.

The pipework runs approx 4 metres in total to the main drain chamber. As far as I'm aware, the AAV on a stub stack has to be higher than the highest flood level of the highest appliance which, in this case, will be the basin so the stack would have to be about a metre high. However, if I fitted an A1 rated AAV it could be lower, but how low ?

I guess I'd have to use a branch with the socket pointing downwards (not ideal) as how else would I connect to the pipe in the floor ?

Last edited:
if you look down the pipe you might find that the collar is just below the finished level if so you can probably loosen the bit of pipe and slide it out then at least you can start lower
your going to have at least the hieght of a branch and a boss pipe as a stub stack you might have to do what they do in the pubs, get it passed at the right hieght then cut it down after

Thanks for the response stevetheplumber. I already looked down the pipe and the collecr is about 12 inches below floor level. I don't think I'd risk trying to pull it out as I have no idea what was used to backfill the hole they dug for the pipework so I could end up with a soil pipe full of rubble ! Apparently, an A1 AAV should be installed 200mm above the highest joint but, does that mean joint on the stack or does this include the basin waste itself (at the basin) ?

Last edited:
does it really need a aav ?stub stacks are often not vented just a cap on top and anti vac trap on basin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Back