Clogged Faucets and Low Hot Water Pressure on 1 faucet | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Clogged Faucets and Low Hot Water Pressure on 1 faucet in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I have 2 issues/questions. To start from the beginning, we just purchased and moved into a home at the beginning of November that has a private well, once we moved in I noticed we had water pressure issues. Upon investigation I found that all the faucets/fixtures with pressure issues were clogged with white chunks, some pure white and some white on once side and black on the other (photo's attached - what is shown in my hand is what I could get out of the faucet after 1 day). When we first moved in, there was only a sediment filter installed after the pressure tank, which I installed a carbon filter in. After seeing all the build up in the aerators I looked into a water softener but I do not have a drain near by so I thought I would try this AO Smith Descaler (also shown in photo). To no avail, I am still getting a lot of these white flakes/chunks in all the faucets and they build up rather quickly. I am cleaning shower heads and faucets at LEAST once a week if not twice. My question is, is this hard water or do I have another issue? It looks like photos I've found of disintegrating dip tubes but I have a tankless water heater and the house is only 6 years old and has PEX and CPVC pipe.
My second question, in the master bath I have a garden tub with Moen Chateau faucet (with 1222 cartridge) the cold water pressure is great but the hot water pressure is very week, would probably take at least 45 minutes to fill up the tub. So my first move was to get a new cartridge at a big box store, got a Danco brand and installed it, after installed issue persisted. So I thought I may need to go with the name brand Moen cartridge, still have the problem so I cleaned up the old one and cleaned out the valve body and reinstalled. I have 3 tubs in the house with the same Moen faucets and this is the only one with an issue. This is very aggravating. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG-0559.jpg
    IMG-0559.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-0558.jpg
    IMG-0558.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-0554.jpg
    IMG-0554.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-0555.jpg
    IMG-0555.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-0285.jpg
    IMG-0285.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 24
Could be limescale or maybe your filter media

Was the water turned off when you moved in as I’ve heard you have to turn the water on slowly and just enough to flow through else if you just turn it on it will blast the media out of the softener through the pipe work ?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good evening. Sorry for the late response. The...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We live in a high rise on the 18th floor. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
6 years old. Never a problem until it sprung a...
Replies
Views
Back