Clogged toilet/tub explanation | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Clogged toilet/tub explanation in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could please get a quick explanation about what is going on with my toilet/tub I would really appreciate it.

Toilet is clogged. Tried for a while to plunge it. It has resulted in nothing other than my bath tub now being backed up. Why is this happening?

Thanks

Hi and welcome,

Perhaps the main soilstack is clogged and therefore nothing will drain but backing up. It's happening because there is a blockage which is caused perhaps due to too much use of toilet paper, woman waste,baby wipes or anything similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
As above reply says, - some part of your sewer pipe is totally blocked and it has backed up with water. Wipes are notorious for causing blockages.
If you live on a ground floor/bungalow then it will back up sooner.
It may just be a simple matter of needing some excess points on stack or the manholes opened and the underground sewer rodded by someone capable.
Or ring a local company who clear sewer blockages and ask first their charges.

dyno rod fixed fee £90 will clear most blockages

The following could be the reasons if your toilet isn’t flushing its contents all the way:

-The poor toilet drain pipe design.

-A clog in the toilet, flange or drain.

-The water level in your toilet tank is set too low.

-Blocked inlet holes.

-Problems with your flapper.

I think it's better to call a plumbing service to get this fixed. It's not just gross, but it's wasteful and annoying when your toilet doesn’t fully empty its contents when you flush. So, rather than 'DIY-ing' get the help of a professional as soon as possible.

The following could be the reasons, if your toilet isn’t flushing all the way:

-The poor toilet drain pipe design.

-A clog in the toilet, flange or drain.

-The water level in your toilet tank is set too low.

-Blocked inlet holes.

-Problems with your flapper.

You can also refer this blog Easy Steps To Fix A Clogged Toilet Without A Plunger | Brothers Plumbing Company for easy steps to fix a clogged toilet without a plunger.

I think it's better to call a plumbing service to get this fixed. It's not just gross, but it's wasteful and annoying when your toilet doesn’t fully empty its contents when you flush. So, rather than 'DIY-ing' get the help of a professional as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Pop the chrome bezel off if you see where the...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
G
True, when something happens to your plumbing...
Replies
Views
Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
Back