Close Coupled with a Flat back/Back to Wall Pan | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Close Coupled with a Flat back/Back to Wall Pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolly

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, Im fitting one of these on Friday, I always try not to as i like to pipe everything ridgid i.e endfeed tap con's and ridgid pan connecters and with these style of toilets its near impossilble to do sometimes.

Anyway the customer has insisted he wants one as the toilet is the first thing you see when you open the bathroom door and its perpendicular so you see the cold feed and waste. I knew he wanted everything looking pritty so i went to the trouble of redoing the soilstack to get the waste underneath the floor with just the top lip of the socket on the 4" protruding above the finished tiled floor, the cold feed i also re-routed under the floor and was turned up though the floor in chrome.

The problem is the 15mm chrome is a talon clip distance away from the wall and the poxy pan has a brace at the bottom of it so the cold feed needs to come off the wall further to miss this brace.

I say brace, its a pit of porcelin about an inch x 3/4". Im considering cutting it out but thought i'd ask your vieews on this first. It doesnt look like it offers too much in the way of support either?

It's hard toexplain aswell, but if this brace at the bottom was removed it would also mean i could pipe up alot easier aswell as the brace means the built up toilet has to be lowered in and down over the cold feed rather than connecting then just pushing it back to the wall if you understand :smug:

I hope you understand what i mean, its hard to convey in words what i mean!

Last edited:
Do any of you guys try to avoid fitting these, i know i do. It seems everyone wants everything hidden these days, drives me potty sometimes.

if it what cust wants then i do it. do i like flexi pan cons and flexis? no not really. have cut this brace bit off before with angle grinder and have had no probs so far :)

i think i will cut it off with a 4 1/2" grinder then. i was hoping someone else would say they had done it before i do it so thanks :)

try a little bit first to make you feel good, then take the rest off

Loop it of with a grinder be brave :wacko: plus they do 4 inch flexis with jubilee clips on for these toilets now to stop the worrying about them popping off

the ones with the brace and sideways fixings are a pain i connected one with a fernco rubber and squeezed my arm into ratchet the jubilee clip up as you cant slide back due to the brace it was a £300 pound pan so no way was i cutting it

If the customer supplied the pan and it was not on site when you 1st fixed then i would give the customer the options and make it clear to them the risks and that you will try not to break pan when cutting but if there is a brakage its not at your cost if the pan was on site at first fix you may have to cut it and take the risk at your cost happy cutting hope all goes well

Thanks for the replys, im fitting it in the morn now. will let you know how i get on!....Flexi Fursday!

i've cut them off before using a diamond bladed grinder never had a prob done it on basin peds as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
“Our builder” - I found your problem. I...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back