CNC Engineer looking to change career. | Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss CNC Engineer looking to change career. in the Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all just signed up today, as the title says I’m currently a CNC engineer and have been for 6 years now but I’ve realised it’s not for me.

Been trying to get myself into the plumbing/gas industry for the past 6/7 months but struggling to find a open door. I’m 24 years old a live in the NW in between Blackpool and Preston. Trying to avoid doing these courses as they are rather expensive and have heard that finding a job afterwards is difficult due to no experience, so I’m after the apprentice route. But my problem is that I can’t find one. Tried emailing countless local company’s but had literally 3 responses so no luck so far.

So just thought I would pop my situation on a forum to see if maybe I could have any luck on here ?.

Thanks all.
Matt.

Hi Matt
You have already identified the course problem , yes you can get on plenty, but the job at the end of it well , you have to be incredibly lucky .
We get hundreds of guys like you on here but it’s really hard to advise . The only thing I can suggest is bombard local plumbing firms , “parked “sign written vans , emails , letters etc etc .
Good luck .

I would do some research and identify your local community housing providers. one in St Helens eg has 17,000 properties and regularly takes on semi skilled willing newbies because they can train you their way rather than have to re train others. good luck, if you cannot drive or have own transport then this is a must Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Similar plumbing topics

G
We used to call them...Wateries...watered down...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, thanks for the replies. I have been...
Replies
Views
Andrewm1981
A
Super late to the party but... I heard a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Guys, Just come across this site which...
Replies
Views
Stokesy11
S
Back